Maybe I am missing it but i'll through it out. Through GVDialer or through the GV web interface is there a way to send a SMS to multiple people?
    07-13-09 02:10 PM
    i may be wrong about the web interface but in the new gvdialer you can only send to one contact at a time , so you may have to use the native bb sms feature from ur bb> if wrong my bad.
    07-13-09 02:15 PM
    Maybe I am missing it but i'll through it out. Through GVDialer or through the GV web interface is there a way to send a SMS to multiple people?
    Duck is right... not yet.
    07-13-09 02:23 PM
    Google released the google voice app. Anyone try it yet? What are your opinions of it. Going to install it now.
    07-15-09 12:19 PM
    Google released the google voice app. Anyone try it yet? What are your opinions of it. Going to install it now.
    Based on what I've read, I'm keeping GVdialer and holding off until Google's BB app is more complete:

The Android app is the most complete and takes over the native dialer, address book and call log. Users won�t be bothered with accidentally dialing numbers through the device phone number. The Blackberry app is less integrated, accessing only the native address book, and uses its own dialer. Users can�t simply go into the call log and return missed calls. They need to go back to the address book and select Google Voice to make the call.
    07-15-09 12:29 PM
    From what I've seen is you have to dial from the app if you want to use the GV number. SMS messages need to be sent from the app, they come in to your normal SMS location but replies send them through your cell not GV.

One question, i've tried dialing out and it does not show it dials the google number but rather +13472345001. Would this number need to be added into my circle as well? I'd assume so but not sure.

It is closer. Would like an app that dials the number through the app but goes through the BB address book and not using the app. Also allowing you to select numbers to be dialed out through your cell number as well, kind of like grouping numbers to be dialed through your cell number, all others through GV.

Updated- One thing I have noticed is sometimes when I try to call through the app it will call the number listed above. Once connected it will not ring the line (trying work phone not setup on GV) but then disconnect when the timer reaches 8 seconds.
    Last edited by AllGood; 07-15-09 at 02:02 PM.
    07-15-09 01:43 PM
    so is this a worthwile thing to get if you dont have the plan thru verizon with friends or family? I also don't have a home phone nor a work phone, so just didn't know if this is a benefit or really only used for people with multiple phones.

If there is a way to have unlimited phone calls thru my 8330 than that would be perfect!!

What are the other benefits?
    07-15-09 02:10 PM
    so is this a worthwile thing to get if you dont have the plan thru verizon with friends or family? I also don't have a home phone nor a work phone, so just didn't know if this is a benefit or really only used for people with multiple phones.

If there is a way to have unlimited phone calls thru my 8330 than that would be perfect!!

What are the other benefits?
    One benefit not sure if it would be for you or not.

Say you are from one part of the country and move or go to school on another. You could keep your number the same and get a local GV number. Sso people from back home can still call locally and people where you now live can do the same.

For people with landlines I can see this being nice as they could also have unlimited long distance at home.

I hope this puts pressure on the telcos to offer unlimited long distance like you have on a cell. Also push cell carriers to lower their pricing on unlimited calling plans. If Cricket can offer it for like $50 a months why can't anyone else?
    07-15-09 02:14 PM
    I started using google voice yesterday and I must say pretty impressive this early in the game...
    07-18-09 04:58 AM
    Been using it for a while now. I really could not live without it. Remember, it is not a land line. It is a gateway.

The only trouble I have had was with soft changes. Moving from one phone to and other with it. Moving from the office, to the blackberry, to the home line. It takes a little work to get used to, but it does work.

Have you been invited yet or still waiting.

The one tip I would say is that for some reason the really good easy to remember numbers are like very last in the list. So keep searching for them.
    How can i get an invite??
    07-18-09 05:08 AM
    I started using google voice yesterday and I must say pretty impressive this early in the game...
    GVdialer makes the service even better to use on a Curve. I believe it would work just as well on a Storm.
    07-18-09 11:44 AM
    I do not think the service is available outside the USA.
    07-18-09 11:46 AM
    There is a link on the google voice site that allows you to request an invite.

Sorry about that - didn't notice your location. Yes it is currently only available in the US right now.
    07-18-09 11:59 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD