For some reason I thought this has come up before and perhaps it has but I can't seem to find it after searching. I recently created a google and yahoo accounts. I am able to log into the sites and messengers on my pc and I can log into the sites, yahoo go, and google mail on my BB. However I get an error for bad user name or password when trying to log into the messengers on my BB. I checked to make sure it wasn't accidental capitalizing or typos. Does anyone know how to fix it so log in works?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 03:53 PM
    I figured out the problem with google talk. For some reason it is case sensative on the BB client while the other are not. Go figure?!? But I still can't figure out why I can't login to yahoo messenger. I checked and there is a service book for it in service books. As a very old forum post elsewhere back in 2006 indicated that some carriers don't push the service book properly. I even resent service books right after that just for the heck of it. I also tried putting capital letters in logical places thinking maybe it was something like that where I may have put a cap somewhere else despite the fact enterin the password the way I created it works everywhere else except in the BB yahoo messenger client app. So I plee again does anyone know why this is happening and what must I do to fix it?

02-01-09 05:49 PM
    After hours of searching for an answer I finally found what was wrong. For whatever reason there is a bug in the BB client that can't recognize special characters # @ * etc and so if your password has any special characters it rejects the login.

02-01-09 07:59 PM
    Worked for me. I just spent around 3 hours trying to configure a friendīs 8900 to sync with Yahoo! and he had to delete a plus sign (+) in his password. Once he did this... voila! it was a breeze... over 4,000 items synced in no time
    04-03-10 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD