Someone Please help. I can't figure out how to get this Google talk thing to work.
    All i want to do is be able to chat on my phone in Google. I downloaded it. It's in my applications, however i see no icon, no way to launch it!!!

AND for all you BB abusers out there- please don't respond back with 12 posts about how i should have searched. I DID search for something along these lines and didn't find other posts.

I would appreciate anyone's help.
    Thanks
    08-13-09 10:53 AM
    Not sure if the main menu is set up the same as mine but the Google Talk app is in my Instant Messaging folder, have you checked there? I would try that or looking in the downloads folder.
    08-13-09 11:10 AM
    That happened to me with the Yahoo Messenger. First it was there, then I installed it. Then when I went back to the Instant Messenging icon, and it disappeared. I'm curious to know too...

I don't think CB is like other forums where they are hostile and tell you to search.

I've seen numerous trackball, and various issues on many different threads and seems like the users here on CB are pretty laid back in that regard.
    08-13-09 11:12 AM
    That happened to me with the Yahoo Messenger. First it was there, then I installed it. Then when I went back to the Instant Messenging icon, and it disappeared. I'm curious to know too...

I don't think CB is like other forums where they are hostile and tell you to search.

I've seen numerous trackball, and various issues on many different threads and seems like the users here on CB are pretty laid back in that regard.
    Thanks for both of the previous posts.I rebooted and then searched in the folder and low and behold it showed up this time. Appreciate it!!
    08-13-09 11:31 AM
    I had the same problem with my Storm just last week and it turned into a major ordeal - ended up bricking my Storm (error code 552). Finally got everything all sorted out, but it sure aggravated my IBS.

First, I tried installing Google Talk from the icon in the IM folder. That didn't work so I tried installing from App World. It said it installed, but it was nowhere to be found, and app list in Options/Advanaced didn't show it. Finally got it loaded by installing via Desktop Manager - just checked the box.

Then I noticed Yahoo Msg was missing. Reinstalled that via the link in the IM folder, but then my Storm crashed and I got the 552 code. Corrected that by running Desktop Manager and clicking the Add/Remove Apps option - basically reinstalled all my appps, including OS.

Everything turned out OK, but definitely do a backup 1st. I think my issues may have been related to a shortage of App Memory as well, so if you have a lot of other apps installed, you might try getting rid of one or two you don't need/use. Just a thought.

Good luck!
    08-13-09 11:32 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD