Is anyone else having issues with Google Talk randomly logging them out on their BB with the message "username and password do not match..." and then being unable to log back in at all.

Is there an update I missed somewhere?

Forgive me if this has been addressed in another thread and just point me in that direction

Thanks
    05-27-09 10:45 PM
    I have the same problem. Help?
    05-28-09 01:10 AM
    Is anyone else having issues with Google Talk randomly logging them out on their BB with the message "username and password do not match..." and then being unable to log back in at all.

Is there an update I missed somewhere?

Forgive me if this has been addressed in another thread and just point me in that direction

Thanks
    This has happened to me before, usually when on a long call, and I just closed the error msg box, closed out completely then re-entered username and pw.

Have you tried that? If all else fails give it a battery pull
    05-28-09 01:14 AM
    I have closed the program and re-entered info without success and have been doing daily battery pulls, also without much success.

I am rarely on long calls, so I don't think the two are related.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 01:37 AM
    I have closed the program and re-entered info without success and have been doing daily battery pulls, also without much success.

I am rarely on long calls, so I don't think the two are related.

Hmmmm? I would remove it and try reloading it and see if that works. Was your GTalk login info compromised?

Also EV-DO does not support hi speed voice and data transfer at the same time like GSM 3G so If you are on a call and you have data coming through GTalk, or any other app, it can log you off.
    05-28-09 01:48 AM
    Login info was not compromised, and I know several other people that this is happening to. I have removed and re-installed the program twice with the same result.

I don't have a problem with being logged off, I have a problem with being unable to login for hours at a time.

05-28-09 01:53 AM
    Damn! That is super weird! I just tried mine, and logged in without a problem. Are you logging in with just your username or entire gmail email? After I installed my new hybrid last nite i didnt go into GTalk till today and when i did it put my entire email in the username field which caused it to fail.

Other than that I really dont know. Hopefully more people will jump in on this and help us out.
    05-28-09 01:59 AM
    Just using my username

I, too am hoping someone has more insight, because I am stumped.

05-28-09 02:02 AM
    Stumped as well and Its driving me crazy that i cant figure it out
    05-28-09 02:04 AM
    Hey Morbid, were you able to figure out your GTalk? Hopefully some more people will add to this thread
    05-28-09 11:02 PM
    I ended up having to get it replaced today for an unrelated issue, we'll see if that fixes it.

I do know my friends who are having this issue are still looking for answers, so please keep the ideas coming...
    05-29-09 01:20 AM
    The only other thing I can think of is somehow something got messed up in GMail. Where you able to sign-on on your computer and use it there? Definitely has been a mind boggler
    05-29-09 01:30 AM
    I have the same problem too, far as I can tell it happens when I block or unblock a contact on my PC. Logging in gmail on PC and signing out of chat tends to fix it for me
    05-29-09 02:21 AM
    Same problem here. I guess this is not an isolated incident.

05-29-09 06:36 AM
    I'm having this problem too. I even posted on the Gmail forums but all they can say is do a battery pull which of course, I've done.

It was working fine one night, then it logged me out and I haven't been able to get back in for a couple of days now.
    05-30-09 10:11 PM
    I want my gmail talk back!
    05-31-09 01:26 PM
    It's working today, so maybe it's all fixed!
    06-02-09 05:13 PM
    Well I'm glad I'm not the only one who's experiencing this problem. I hadn't logged into it on my BB in a while & when I tried I was getting that same error. I deleted it, reloaded it, probably two or three times, the last time it even gave me an error I never saw before & reset my Curve! I just gave up on it & for now will just stick with chatting on my laptop until I hear that it's running right all the time!
    06-02-09 06:39 PM
    Man, this is just craziness because all I have ever had to to do was re-enter login info and I would be logged back in. Just weird.
    06-02-09 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD