Hello

I'm new to the BB world and had a question. If i'm logged into google talk on my BB, am i incurring data usage charges? Or do you only use data when you send a message? Your responses are greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    11-27-09 09:41 AM
    1 Do you have a data plan? Pay per use, MB plan, or unlim. If you have unlim data plan then there is no worry.

2. If the software has to send any info - such as a ping to stay attached to the server, then yes it is usung data,even you if you neter nothing.
    11-27-09 09:46 AM
    I have a 500MB plan. I'm assuming that i wouldnt be using too much on my plan if i'm just logged in. Is that correct? Thanks.
    11-27-09 09:52 AM
    Like I said then, if any data is passed while logged in, such as a ping, then yes you are using data.
    11-27-09 09:53 AM
    I am a pretty heavy data user, and I have gtalk on all the time, I mean all the time like bbm, I check emails, facebook, and read manga on my phone and I still don't go past 400mb a month so I think you shouldn't have a problem. You should leave it on for a day and see how much that uses, you can check your data usage by going into your carrier account and see

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-27-09 02:04 PM
    gtalk uses txt so if you have un limited txt plan you screwed
    12-03-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD