Has anybody tried google talk and does it use text usage or should it be data?
    11-23-08 07:01 PM
    All the messengers made by RIM should be data.
    11-23-08 07:03 PM
    I use it. It's data, not text.
    11-23-08 08:07 PM
    I have Google Talk installed on my Storm and it works pretty good. However, when I soft reset my phone, Google Talk automatically starts and signs me in. Does anybody else have this problem and is there a way to stop this? I'd like to keep it but don't want to sign out and close out of the App every time I soft reset. If I did delete it, is there another way to get to my Google Talk (only IM I use)?
    12-17-08 01:54 AM
    there's an option in AIM to make your phone sign on automatically. you can turn it off if you like. I would imagine it's the same as Google Talk.

Any IM applications on the Storm runs on data plan, not a text plan.
    12-17-08 02:09 AM
    I have Google Talk installed on my Storm and it works pretty good. However, when I soft reset my phone, Google Talk automatically starts and signs me in. Does anybody else have this problem and is there a way to stop this? I'd like to keep it but don't want to sign out and close out of the App every time I soft reset. If I did delete it, is there another way to get to my Google Talk (only IM I use)?

in google talk sign out..

and uncheck sign in automatically.
    12-17-08 02:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD