Not sure where Google is going with this, but it looks like a lot of people still use and rely on their apps on the BlackBerry device so I'm going to host them FOREVER! This means even after I've moved onto a BB10 device, these apps will still be available from me... that is until the apps no longer work. Easiest way to get these apps is to download them using the browser on your device. If that doesn't work, the next easiest method would be to download them onto your computer and then put them onto your device's SD card. From there open up the file browser and look for the .jad file. Highlight the .jad file and click or press Enter to launch it, which should bring you to the similar download window had you gone through the browser.

NOTE: For this second method to work, you'll need to download both the .jad file and the .cod file. You would do this by simply switching out the .jad in the link below with .cod and download. Unfortunately this site mangles the long URL links so you won't be able to simply highlight and copy the link... what you could do is right-click on the link, choose Copy and then paste it into your browser.

Google Mail app
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4621398/goog...GoogleMail.jad

Google Maps
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4621398/goog...GoogleMaps.jad

Google Sync - Google discontinued service, app no longer works

Google Voice
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4621398/goog...oice_42_en.jad
    Last edited by dimm0k; 01-22-13 at 09:35 PM.
    prashob619 likes this.
    12-13-12 12:51 PM
    Quick Note: Google has blocked new activations of Google Maps from BlackBerry, so even with this OTA, it won't work. Google is trying to snuff us out.
    12-13-12 01:05 PM
    I was just about to ask about that. Wiped my phone today and installed using the link above. It just sits at the Terms and Conditions screen. Thanks anyway dimm0k for hosting it.
    12-13-12 01:08 PM
    Google is getting scared, Blackberry has a deal with Microsoft for Bing search and they are not pleased...and RIM signed with Tom-Tom for BB10 maps.

Crap, I just tried my current install of Google Maps on my Bold 9900 and it doesn't work anymore. **** move Google, I understand not making updates, but don't break what already works. F@ck Google, we'll see if they come crawling back when BB10 takes off.
    bmercer94 likes this.
    12-13-12 01:21 PM
    Well BB10 is a competitor, while it won't steal all of Android's customers, it could take away a larger chunk than they want to give out.
    12-13-12 01:33 PM
    The dropbox account shows 404 while using the browser on BB 9810!. Is this link dead ?
    12-13-12 01:33 PM
    The dropbox account shows 404 while using the browser on BB 9810!. Is this link dead ?
    Which link? i have all of these available on my personal DB and will grab you a link.
    12-13-12 01:37 PM
    Shouldn't be... I just tried all 4 links and they all work...
    12-13-12 01:54 PM
    Google is getting scared, Blackberry has a deal with Microsoft for Bing search and they are not pleased...and RIM signed with Tom-Tom for BB10 maps.

Crap, I just tried my current install of Google Maps on my Bold 9900 and it doesn't work anymore. **** move Google, I understand not making updates, but don't break what already works. F@ck Google, we'll see if they come crawling back when BB10 takes off.
    Really? Mine still works fine on my 9930...
    12-13-12 01:55 PM
    Really? Mine still works fine on my 9930...
    If you had it installed prior it will work perfectly. HOWEVER you can't reinstall it. if you delete it you'll get stuck at the terms & conditions thing.
    12-13-12 01:57 PM
    If you had it installed prior it will work perfectly. HOWEVER you can't reinstall it. if you delete it you'll get stuck at the terms & conditions thing.
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35793161/s1...__15_59_18.jpg
    I know... I interpreted the "current install" as one that was installed previously and not recently... anyhow, looking at that screenshot you've provided, it looks like that's the part where the app tries to communicate with google before letting you proceed. Has this issue started happening today or has it been a couple of days?
    12-13-12 02:04 PM
    Do much evil.
    12-14-12 12:16 AM
    what is the alternative to having multiple calendar sync to the bb? I dont see why google is scared of BB as they only have another year or so to live.
    12-14-12 03:19 PM
    Can't seem to get Google Sync to sync my calendar. I've got one main calendar and then a couple of sports add-ons and a weather. it sync just fine up until the 1stof Dec, but no more. I've uninstalled Google Sync and re-installed but no luck.

I've read thru the forums and tried several things with no luck.

Any one with ideas?
    12-16-12 02:14 PM
    Can't seem to get Google Sync to sync my calendar. I've got one main calendar and then a couple of sports add-ons and a weather. it sync just fine up until the 1stof Dec, but no more. I've uninstalled Google Sync and re-installed but no luck.

I've read thru the forums and tried several things with no luck.

Any one with ideas?
    Google has officially cut support for Google Sync for consumers. only Business, Education, and/or Government officials will still have access to working Google Sync, meaning you will need a different provider for your calendars.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9700 using Tapatalk
    PowderJockey likes this.
    12-17-12 05:45 PM
    I kind of figured all of that out by doing lots of reading.

I have installed GCALSYNC - synchronize your phone with Google Calendar It is not as good, but it will do til I get a BB10.

Thanks for the reply.

Scott
    12-17-12 08:00 PM
    https://dl.dropbox.com/u/35793161/s1...__15_59_18.jpg
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...s-help-758268/

Check out Go1ndr's post.
    go1ndr likes this.
    12-18-12 01:18 AM
    Go1ndr here: As of yesterday it worked fine. Should be no issue other than having to download the updated version 4.x.x from the web once you have version 3.x on the phone. Followed the instructions above and on other threads, and installed ver 3.x > Then exited out and from the phone browser, did a search for "Google Maps for Blackberry" (on Google) and downloaded the newest version--it said it was replacing the version 3 which is what I wanted and it works great. Should still work fine. Good luck.
    12-18-12 08:11 PM
    When attempting to download the Google Voice jad using our Sprint BB 9630 Tour, the following error appears:

907 invalid COD
    Http Error 500: internal server error

Please help!
    12-30-12 10:06 AM
    When attempting to download the Google Sync jad using my Storm 2 9550 I get the error:

907 invalid COD
    Unable to import ZIP file

Thanks

Donatella
    01-06-13 12:57 PM
    Not sure where Google is going with this, but it looks like a lot of people still use and rely on their apps on the BlackBerry device so I'm going to host them FOREVER! This means even after I've moved onto a BB10 device, these apps will still be available from me... that is until the apps no longer work. Easiest way to get these apps is to download them using the browser on your device. If that doesn't work, the next easiest method would be to download them onto your computer and then put them onto your device's SD card. From there open up the file browser and look for the .jad file. Highlight the .jad file and click or press Enter to launch it, which should bring you to the similar download window had you gone through the browser.

NOTE: For this second method to work, you'll need to download both the .jad file and the .cod file. You would do this by simply switching out the .jad in the link below with .cod and download. Unfortunately this site mangles the long URL links so you won't be able to simply highlight and copy the link... what you could do is right-click on the link, choose Copy and then paste it into your browser.

Google Mail app
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4621398/goog...GoogleMail.jad

Google Maps
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4621398/goog...GoogleMaps.jad

Google Sync
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4621398/goog...Sync_40_en.jad

Google Voice
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4621398/goog...oice_42_en.jad
    I know google is trying to rid itself of bb users.. but I am trying to download gvoice for mine and it gave me a "Download failed" does anyone else have a link?
    01-18-13 08:30 PM
    downloaded google sync..
    but cannot sync :S
    always shows Sync Failed.

any way to sync?
    01-21-13 12:15 AM
    anyone?

:S
    01-22-13 08:34 AM
    anyone?

:S
    I have no idea, sorry! Mines broken too. I wonder if anyone knows
    01-22-13 02:32 PM
    downloaded google sync..
    but cannot sync :S
    always shows Sync Failed.

any way to sync?
    I should really remove that link... The google sync app is dead because of google discontinuing the servers for this service on the BB. You'll have to rely on BIS for your google sync option.
    austriker likes this.
    01-22-13 05:36 PM
31 12