New update.
    03-24-10 02:21 PM
    whats different? no point in updating if i'm not gonna get any extra features and waste more space
    03-24-10 02:36 PM
    You can now sync calendar for 52 weeks and there is a debug log.
    03-24-10 02:36 PM
    52 weeks? good lord lol that's a ton of info, i like doing just a month - no update for me lol
    03-24-10 02:42 PM
    Thanks for the info...
    03-24-10 02:54 PM
    Any idea if it fixes the issue where you get the message "Google has determined that you have more than one calendar attempting to sync at once...Google will not sync"? Or something similar...

I get that all the time but I still see get events sync'd up
    03-24-10 03:37 PM
    New update but still no way to specify certain hourly intervals to update... 2 hours is kind of excessive and I'm too lazy for manual.
    03-24-10 04:11 PM
    Confirm the 52 week option. Very nice. So far, no bugs present with this update.
    03-24-10 05:07 PM
    Earlier today I installed GoogleSync 0.7.2 on my BlackBerry Storm2 (9550, OS version 5.0.0.320), replacing GoogleSync 0.5.13 (I think it was 0.5.13, but I�m not sure; I saw it in the new install screen for only a moment).

GoogleSync 0.7.2 does not work on my Storm2 and is completely corrupted and unusable. Actually it successfully synced, but the GUI/screen is unusable.

My previous installation of GoogleSync 0.5.x was working fine, so I thought the upgrade would work even better, but now I can�t even use it!

The GUI in the Options screen is patchy and disjointed looking; I can�t select buttons; I can�t scroll to see the choices in the Options.

To make matters worse, I tried deleting GoogleSync 0.7.2 from my BlackBerry Storm2 (9550) and reinstalling it, but now I can�t log in to the new installation because the GUI is so messed up; all I can do is enter my email address, but I cannot click on/select the password field to enter my password.

Does anyone know how to reinstall the old version of GoogleSync (0.5.13) that worked?

Or some other solution to my problems with GoogleSync 0.7.2?
    03-24-10 07:06 PM
    You can now sync calendar for 52 weeks and there is a debug log.
    Never used google for syncing calendars.

What exactly is meant that the calendar syncs for 52 weeks?

Does it mean that only 52 weeks will load onto your device or that only 52 weeks will be loaded onto google calendar from your device.

TIA
    03-24-10 07:21 PM
    52 weeks? good lord lol that's a ton of info, i like doing just a month - no update for me lol
    It took me a while to adjust to google sync because I only had 26 weeks and it was frustrating. If I needed to know a birthday or something within the year I had to logon to my google calendar on my computer.

I think this 52 week sync is long overdue and much appreciated!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-10 07:30 PM
    Earlier today I installed GoogleSync 0.7.2 on my BlackBerry Storm2 (9550, OS version 5.0.0.320), replacing GoogleSync 0.5.13 (I think it was 0.5.13, but I�m not sure; I saw it in the new install screen for only a moment).

GoogleSync 0.7.2 does not work on my Storm2 and is completely corrupted and unusable. Actually it successfully synced, but the GUI/screen is unusable.

My previous installation of GoogleSync 0.5.x was working fine, so I thought the upgrade would work even better, but now I can�t even use it!

The GUI in the Options screen is patchy and disjointed looking; I can�t select buttons; I can�t scroll to see the choices in the Options.

To make matters worse, I tried deleting GoogleSync 0.7.2 from my BlackBerry Storm2 (9550) and reinstalling it, but now I can�t log in to the new installation because the GUI is so messed up; all I can do is enter my email address, but I cannot click on/select the password field to enter my password.

Does anyone know how to reinstall the old version of GoogleSync (0.5.13) that worked?

Or some other solution to my problems with GoogleSync 0.7.2?

Did you do a backup of all your apps? If not ask me for the COD file. Email me at lauedwin5(AT)gmail.com
    03-24-10 08:05 PM
    I found another change...the new version also syncs birthdays.

03-24-10 08:08 PM
    still cant sync more than one calendar...some people can get it to work, some people cant...Im one who cant. Wish they would work those bugs out so I can sync multiple calendars
    03-24-10 08:34 PM
    Never used google for syncing calendars.

What exactly is meant that the calendar syncs for 52 weeks?

Does it mean that only 52 weeks will load onto your device or that only 52 weeks will be loaded onto google calendar from your device.

TIA
    In the Google Sync options, you can choose if you want to sync your calendar for the 52 weeks, 24 weeks, 16 weeks, etc. This is a two-way sync. If you add something to your Google Calendar, it will end up in your blackberry calendar (on your device, as you put it). If you add it to your blackberry calendar, it will end up in your Google Calendar.

If it is your first time syncing, I believe all of your google calendar entries will end up on your device as well as all of your blackberry entries end up on your Google Calendar. When I set mine up initially, I made a backup of my blackberry calendar than wiped it clean. Then I did the sync so all of my google calendar entries came into my fresh blackberry calendar. This worked well for me.
    03-25-10 10:04 AM

does it sync birthday's under contacts or a birthday calendar? the birthday calendar was there in the old version.
    03-25-10 10:18 AM
    Did you do a backup of all your apps? If not ask me for the COD file. Email me at lauedwin5(AT)gmail.com
    R1cE, thanks for your help yesterday. I installed BBSAK and installed the COD file you sent, which was all easy enough, however, the GoogleSync 0.5.15 COD had the same problem, which apparently was something completely different: I just needed to disable compatibility mode (Options, Applications) to restore GoogleSync to working order. A user over in a BerryReview Forum saw my post there and suggested I give that a try. So all is well! Thanks again for your help! Greatly appreciated ... plus I now have BBSAK so I can backup my apps!
    03-25-10 01:56 PM
    Does it sync sports schedules yet? I mean YANKEES schedule.

03-25-10 02:35 PM
    One of my big problems w Gsync was that it would duplicate appts from time to time and often delete the notes in my appts. Hope this fixes it.

Also I want to be able to sync multiple calendars like the pre, iPhone and droids, and not have them all put into one calendar.

This update doesn't do that sadly At least its good to know google is working on the app.

03-25-10 02:56 PM
    Does it sync sports schedules yet? I mean YANKEES schedule.

Yea, I have the Lakers & Heat schedules synced to mine.
    03-25-10 03:14 PM

now that is NEWS!
    03-25-10 06:11 PM
    does it sync birthday's under contacts or a birthday calendar? the birthday calendar was there in the old version.
    Syncs birthdays with the birthday field in google contacts.

03-25-10 07:29 PM
    If it is your first time syncing, I believe all of your google calendar entries will end up on your device as well as all of your blackberry entries end up on your Google Calendar.
    i have a friend who has all his calendars in his BB (dunno why he has no backup app), and wants to sync with google.

but after syncing, his bb calendars wont go up

any ideas ? (he had none in google)
    03-25-10 07:45 PM
    Yea, I have the Lakers & Heat schedules synced to mine.
    i can't get it to sync my sports calendar.. any settings you had to change in google or anywhere?
    03-25-10 08:39 PM
    Does this create duplicate contacts on your BB if you try to sync them? That has been my experience every time I've used (i.e. struggled) with this app.
    03-25-10 08:39 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD