I've been using Google Sync to maintain my Contacts and Calendar. I've never had a problem, but then today all my Calendar entries were suddenly duplicated (plus the color changed, but I successfully fixed that).

I only use Google to maintain my Calendar-- so there are no Outlook or iCal conflicts and I don't sync with the Desktop Manager.

I deleted the CICAL entries for Facebook, Yahoo, and other superfluous Calendars... so only the Default calendar exists.

And yet, I still have multiple entries under Calendar.

I tried updating Google Sync, but the problem persists.

Any ideas? Help!

I have the BlackBerry Tour with Verizon.
    06-28-10 11:42 PM
    i had a bunch, cause i had my google email and my BB email as calendars, and i guess google decided that since it was in my google email calendar, it should be applied to my bb calendar and then backed those up on google again.. mines a bit of a mess
    and the google contacts just TOTALLY f'ed my entire contact list. my dad had my work freinds email but my dads phone number by my moms picture and so on.. never use that again! cant wait for an android!
    06-28-10 11:59 PM
    Been wondering how evil Google is being when it can favor andriod devices with its apps. Case in point: the android version of mobile maps has turn by turn voice. The bb version does not. Are we seeing the same with sync? Or is the bb native app just too goofy to do things the google way?
    06-29-10 01:01 AM
    This happened with I synced my contacts list with my Gmail... jacked it all up...
    06-29-10 08:29 AM
    i had a bunch, cause i had my google email and my BB email as calendars, and i guess google decided that since it was in my google email calendar, it should be applied to my bb calendar and then backed those up on google again.. mines a bit of a mess
    and the google contacts just TOTALLY f'ed my entire contact list. my dad had my work freinds email but my dads phone number by my moms picture and so on.. never use that again! cant wait for an android!
    I had the same issue i had to clear it all out of my phone and then i re synced it with google with no contacts in good so it copied them from my phone. I had 3 or 4 different peoples info squashed and mixed and matched into so many contacts it was ridiculous. Facebook and google still aren't getting along in my calender doubled my work schedule and a bunch of appointments still haven't fixed that yet.
    06-29-10 08:33 AM
    I had the same issue i had to clear it all out of my phone and then i re synced it with google with no contacts in good so it copied them from my phone. I had 3 or 4 different peoples info squashed and mixed and matched into so many contacts it was ridiculous.
    Same thing I experienced, one contact would have someone else's number and e-mail, there'd be another couple contacts where it'd take one persons first name and put it with someone else's last name, it was a mess... Needless to say, I turned off the contacts sync...
    06-29-10 08:51 AM
    I found the solution elsewhere, maybe it will help others. Please, pass it forward...

"Wiped the calendar (calendar>options>type "wipe" and click OK to wipe calendar)

Deleted all calendars (options>advanced options>service books and delete all CICAL entries)

deleted GoogleSync

reset/battery pull

install GoogleSync and set it up to sync my Google Calendar again.

All is back to normal now"
    07-01-10 04:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD