First Google Sync wouldn't install properly using the Google Mobile App, then I got it installed and it wouldn't login. So I did a few bat pulls and deleted it and reinstalled it from m.google.com/sync. Well once I did that I did another bat pull and since then my phones been stuck in an endless reboot loop, it gets a few seconds into the spinning hourglass and then starts over, I can't even boot into safemode or get far enough for BBSAK/JL_Cmdr to recognize it so I can pull the Google Sync CODs off it. This royally SUCKS

App Loader is able to connect to my device (PIN: UNKNOWN) and it says nothing is installed on it and acts as if it is wiped so its trying to reinstall everything all over. Fine, I guess I'll let it do that. BUT WAIT! The installation keeps failing and App Loaders throws me errors saying I shouldn't be disconnecting my device while its installing. Yeah, thanks a lot. It wont stop rebooting All because of this stupid Google Sync app which doesn't even work!

PS. As I'm writing this its been trying to cooperate with App Loader and now that I look at it the screen shows me a 507 error. Stupid google sync. Ruined my damn day.
    06-22-10 04:57 PM
    I've been using google sync ever since the storm came out and have never once had a problem with it. Pretty sure it's not the apps fault.
    06-23-10 08:54 AM
    Sounds like you corrupted some files. I'd suggest wiping and reloading the OS. I too have used google sync since purchasing the storm and have never had any trouble with it.
    06-23-10 09:16 AM
    Hope you had a backup!
    06-23-10 09:18 AM
    Yeah after I managed to wipe and reinstall the OS I installed sync again and this time it worked. I had a backup from earlier this month which fared fine...strangely DM always tells me my ALX file is incompatible for my 3rd party apps backup but thats another issue altogether, I just reinstall the apps from crackberry store or app world.

Anyways, it works now, I'm figuring out how to get google voice app on my storm since its apparently not supported (cmon google! really?!). I REALLY WISH the google mobile app could do voice dialing. It would be my #1 app hands down if it could :P anyways im getting far too rant-y

bottom line: something got screwed up, but it works now
    06-23-10 09:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD