Google calendar has a new feature where you can download sports calendars into your Google calendar account. Very handy. But when I try to use Google Sync with it, it doesn't sync them over. Anyone else had this problem or can recommend any solutions?
    09-03-09 08:41 PM
    Oh sweet. I just did the same thing. Open the "Google Sync" app on your phone, press the menu button and press "sync now".

I love this new feature.
    09-03-09 08:52 PM
    Having the same problem. Not even the holidays transfer over. Weird and makes google obsolete because I downloaded like 3 different sports schedules. Need a fix

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-09 09:02 PM
    The google sync app has an option you usually have to change.
    Go to google sync, options, go to bottom where it says sync these calendars, options and then check the sports calendars at the bottom. Then reconcile again... hope this helps, it worked with my holiday calenders.
    09-03-09 10:14 PM
    The google sync app has an option you usually have to change.
    Go to google sync, options, go to bottom where it says sync these calendars, options and then check the sports calendars at the bottom. Then reconcile again... hope this helps, it worked with my holiday calenders.

Sports calendars do not show up in the options. This stinks. Google, I thought you put out a quality product...

I have like 6 teams in the sports calendars, but can't sync any of them.
    if somebody has a solution (that doesnt involve syncing my outlook calendar to the google calendar, as my outlook calendar is a work computer, so I do not feel comfortable doing this), I would appreciate any assistance!

Cheers,
    B.D.
    09-05-09 12:04 PM
    Yup, same problem here. I can sync US Holidays but that's about it. I want sports!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 01:52 PM
    Go into the Options of GoogleSync... scroll to the bottom click on your calendar name below "Sync these Calendars" and then select what other calendar's you have access to that you'd like to add, then save that and sync.
    09-05-09 01:58 PM
    Go into the Options of GoogleSync... scroll to the bottom click on your calendar name below "Sync these Calendars" and then select what other calendar's you have access to that you'd like to add, then save that and sync.
    They still don't show up as a calendar to sync

Side note: I have google sidebar installed on a machine and they don't even show up to be displayed in the calendar widget either.
    Last edited by bigblue4ever; 09-05-09 at 02:38 PM. Reason: typo
    09-05-09 02:38 PM
    Found the answer

Won't let me post links yet..

From the google site

Keep in mind that it's not possible to sync sports calendars with other calendar applications at this time.
    09-05-09 02:43 PM
    That's too bad... I can do it with my wife's calendar, and holiday calendars.
    09-05-09 02:54 PM
    There's a manual way to do it. If you are logged into calendar.google.com you can click on the open area to the right of the sports appointment and select copy to my calendar then save it. Since it's part of the default calendar it will now sync
    09-05-09 07:30 PM
    How do you get the google calendar? I have to have that.
    09-06-09 12:06 PM
    How do you get the google calendar? I have to have that.
    Get a Gmail email account at email.google.com... then add the Calendar.
    09-06-09 01:05 PM
    There's a manual way to do it. If you are logged into calendar.google.com you can click on the open area to the right of the sports appointment and select copy to my calendar then save it. Since it's part of the default calendar it will now sync
    this is the same way i did it... click on the event then click "copy to my calendar"... then you just sync your default calendar and it'll work... this was the only way that i could get this done
    09-06-09 01:52 PM
    this is the same way i did it... click on the event then click "copy to my calendar"... then you just sync your default calendar and it'll work... this was the only way that i could get this done
    Though onerous, this works. However, Google ought to solve this problem.
    10-23-09 09:45 PM
    IF you look around googles site they say that Google Sync and sports calendars do not work together. I have a feeling its not a bug, they know about it, there may actually be a reason why it doesn't work, I just don't know.

What I do instead is go to my teams website and find their schedule in iCal format. I go to google sync and "add a calendar" and paste the link to my teams iCal calendar into the "add a calendar". Google will download this calendar, and keep it up to date with any changes, and best of all you can sync it with google sync. If you just save it to your default calendar, I don't believe it will be update in the event of any changes are made to it.

Doing it this way I have both the Calgary Flames home and Away games on my BB as well as Winnipeg Blue Bombers schedule.
    10-24-09 07:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD