Hey, i've got a problem with Google Sync for the BB Storm (9530)

ok, i have all my contacts on gmail and i dled Google Sync to my Storm, well it syncs my contacts and i hv all my contacts in the phone, however, it never "completes" the sync...it always says, "Last Sync Failed: Server problem. Please try again later." (like i said, i still got my contacts synced and everything
    i understand the server probably does hav a problem, but this error always comes up, i even hv connection and all, ne suggestions on how to fix this problem? or is it really the server's problem?

ne help will be appreciated

thanks
    12-03-08 09:36 PM
    I had this problem too. What fixed it for me was going to my gmail, and click calendar. Then I set that up (you just type your name in pretty much). Let me know if that works for you
    12-04-08 12:58 AM
    woahh, it works! (wierd how that works ) haha

thanks
    12-04-08 08:36 PM
    Hmm...this didn't work for me. I still get the same error, I had the verification code sent to my phone and all that too.
    12-05-08 08:33 PM
    I had this problem too. What fixed it for me was going to my gmail, and click calendar. Then I set that up (you just type your name in pretty much). Let me know if that works for you
    Hooray, this worked! No more error message. One thing though: My calendars did not sync from my blackberry to my google calendar! All of my contacts made it though.

EDIT: answered my own question. hooray for google searching:
    Google Sync Blackberry does not sync BB to gmail calendar - Google Mobile Help
    turns out that preexisting events do not transfer.
    Last edited by freezekill; 12-17-08 at 03:59 PM.
    12-17-08 03:56 PM
    I was having this same issue until I read this thread! I'm so glad other people have already solved so many issues! Thank God for the CB community!
    03-27-10 04:12 PM
    I had to replace my Bold because I broke it and when reinstalling all of my apps< i encountered this problem with Google Sync. Let me give a little background...
    I had dropped my bold and broken the screen but aside from that it functioned ok. I used the BB desktop backup and restore feature to transition to a new Bold but it didn't install my apps. This means that the data was replaced for my contacts which had been syncing with GoogSync until the accident. When I started syncing I begain having a failure during the uploading of contacts phase of the sync. I did all the prescribed fixes to no avail. On a last whim I found the option in GoogSync to clear my contacts. I did this then re-sync-ed and everything works fine now. I don't know why as the databases from my BB and GoogContacts should have been virtually identical. But it works now, and that is what I care about.
    03-29-10 03:59 PM
    help
    have new version google sync 0.7.2 bb 8330 calendar syncs fine. It won't sync contacts any longer.
    Had sync for a least 1yr worked great
    04-05-10 08:34 PM
    help
    have new version google sync 0.7.2 bb 8330 calendar syncs fine. It won't sync contacts any longer.
    Had sync for a least 1yr worked great
    04-05-10 08:35 PM
    this is what i found on line. From what I can tell, I just wont be able to use Google Calendar (actually I just wont be able to sync it).

Google Calendar Sync: The Google Calendar Sync download link will be removed on December 14, 2012. Existing users can continue to use it to sync with Microsoft Outlook Calendar, but it will no longer be supported by Google as of December 14, 2012. Google Apps for Business, Education, and Government customers can still use Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook«.
    01-16-13 06:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD