Does anyone know how to make google sync work both ways? I had deleted a bunch of contacts on my curve, recently I did a google sync and now they are back, and some other contacts are double...what gives? thats not sync thats overwriting? my daughter got a new phone number and I added it in my address book on my curve... the google sync put it back to what it was before and what is in my google contacts.. now I'm not sure what others I may have messed up..... how can you control that???
    03-30-09 01:08 PM
    I have found that I need to logout of google sync if I am going to do an os upgrade or it will restore with dupes. However, when I login after the restore, I can only bring back a month of past events. I like the software, but it could improve. It is hard to complain when it is free.
    03-30-09 01:38 PM
    Google sync is having a hard time figuring out what is the the most current info. What you need to do is give it a clear image of the primary source for the info. To do that...

-Delete Google Sync from your BB. 1st make backups of Address Book, if you want and make any BB Calendar precautions you need.
    -Put all your contacts on your BB, exactly the way you want them.
    -Go into GMail on Desktop(pc) and Export all of your Contacts in Google .csv format. if you have a lot of contacts in different groups, make individual exports of those groups, for easier reload later.
    -Next, choose to delete all of your Contacts from GMail Desktop. Scary but necessary for permanent fix to BB sync.
    -Redownload Google Sync for BB and sync up everything. Sync it twice for good measure.

After that you should be all good. Any changes you make in either place should reflect properly in both places. You just needed to give the 2 programs a primary source for the info.

I actually prefer the reverse method of deleting all Address Book from BB and getting the Contacts the right way in GMail desktop. A lot quicker and you can just reset the Contacts sync on G Sync BB, instead of deleting the program. But you have to get the address format right for the correct fields to populate for CITY, STATE, etc. on BB.
    Goes like this in GMail desktop Contacts:

1234 Whatever Street
    Address2: (leave an actual blank line here if there is no Addr2 in your contact)
    City
    State
    zip
    Country
    03-30-09 02:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD