I need help with Google sync. I signed up for it and intalled it on my BB. I have calendar items in my BB for the month of January, but when I sync, they don't show up on my google calendar?? only if I put in a new item, then it shows up. Wont it sync all my calendar items to my google calendar when I first start, or just new items?? its driving me crazy because I am afraid if i type them all in on google calendar, they will duplicate on my BB correct?

also, when i synced for the first time, it said it synced 70 contacts, but with what? I dont have a gmail account, only the google calendar so where do you think it synced all these contacts??

thanks for your help...
    01-04-09 10:15 AM
    Google Sync is in Beta. Right now it's a one-way sync from Google to the BB. The synced contacts are from your contact list on your BB. You have to have a gmail account to use the Google Mobile App.
    01-04-09 10:16 AM
    so when it said it synced 70 contact, they went nowhere? i havd 70 contacts in my bb so I just wonder where they went? I have since turned off the syncing of contacts so it shouldn't be a question anymore.

but I disagree with you on the one-way sync because I added a test item on my bb and then synced and it showed up on my google calendar!! so it does go both ways, I'm just wondering why it didn't do this with my existing calendar entries on my BB.. any ideas anyone??

I wish Yahoo mail had a sync like this, that would be great.
    01-04-09 10:52 AM
    I need help with Google sync. I signed up for it and intalled it on my BB. I have calendar items in my BB for the month of January, but when I sync, they don't show up on my google calendar?? only if I put in a new item, then it shows up. Wont it sync all my calendar items to my google calendar when I first start, or just new items?? its driving me crazy because I am afraid if i type them all in on google calendar, they will duplicate on my BB correct?

also, when i synced for the first time, it said it synced 70 contacts, but with what? I dont have a gmail account, only the google calendar so where do you think it synced all these contacts??

thanks for your help...
    Re: Contacts. If you have a google anything (e.g., Calendar), you have a google account. If you have a google account, I'm pretty sure you will have google contacts (one google account, many options). Look there.

Re: Google Sync will not sync any calendar events that were on your BB before you installed Google Sync. After that, I do believe it's a two-way sync.
    01-04-09 10:55 AM
    ok, thats what I thought.. that stinks because I bet if I added them again to google calender and synced, they would duplicate on my BB??
    01-04-09 11:03 AM
    Basically, you need to remove all your future calendar events on your BB and then add them to your BB again...once you have done that it will be fine...

Annoying, I know but its the only way. Next time you get a BB, make sure you install Google Sync straight away
    01-04-09 11:38 AM
    I stand corrected. It is a two-way sync. At one time it wasn't.
    Go to Google on your PC and log into iGoogle. You can add the contacts widget from "add stuff" along with many other items.
    01-04-09 02:29 PM
    Re: Google Sync will not sync any calendar events that were on your BB before you installed Google Sync. After that, I do believe it's a two-way sync.
    That is correct. Any events that are on your BB prior to installing Google Sync will not transfer to Google Calendar, but any new events you add after installation and initial sync will transfer.

Here is the reference URL, I couldn't do a link as I haven't made 10 posts to the forums yet:

google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?answer=82618&cbid=5zmmcbjrhwb3&src=cb&le v=answer
    01-04-09 03:04 PM
    Thanks everyone for the help!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 03:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD