When I do a Google sync items that are on my Google calendar are downloaded to my bberry, but items on my bberry do not get uploaded to the Google calendar. I am using a Verizon Storm 9530 with OS 4.7.0.132. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    04-28-09 10:13 PM
    so what is your question? i dont think google sync uploads dates from your phone to your Gmail account if thats what your asking. sucks i know. i guess they assume that if you have the info on your BB then you do need it on your google calendar because everybody knows BB users never leave our BB's behind
    04-28-09 10:23 PM
    According to this link at Google, items from your BBerry should be uploaded to Google and vice versa. Mine only works from Google to My BBerry. Trying to figure out how to get from my bberry to Google.

Sync : BlackBerry to Google Calendar - Mobile Help
    04-29-09 02:15 PM
    It does work - it is just a bit flaky for some reason. Occasionally, I cant get certain appointments to migrate and simply deleting them and reentering makes them "syncable". Are you sure that you have identical calendar names set up on your computer and your BB? Have you checked the calendar in your Gsync options window?
    04-29-09 02:27 PM
    Uploading calendar appointments from my berry to google has worked flawlessly for me.

Appointments from your berry that you had before you installed google sync will not upload however. Maybe that's your issue?

The setting on google sync let you choose which google calendar you want things to upload to....
    04-29-09 02:37 PM
    Yes. My gmail account in the Google sync options screen agrees to my google account name. I'll keep trying. Maybe do an uninstall-reinstall. Could facebook1.5 be screwing this up?
    04-29-09 03:24 PM
    Sometimes Google needs to recognized the items as being changed before it syncs them. I know at times if I alter a description or time of an item it will sync where it wouldn't previously.
    04-29-09 03:39 PM
    Have you selected the calendar in your googlesync settings on the BB
    04-29-09 03:43 PM
    Any appointments I add on my BB calendar successfully synch to my Google Calendar and vice-versa. I personally have never had any issues with that.
    04-29-09 03:54 PM
    I am having same problem, it will sync from calendar to BB but not BB to calendar. For me it's not flaky, I have not been able to get it to do it at all I have tried numerous times. My Calendar name matches. I did not use Google Sync until yesterday when I first downloaded it. I also use 4.7.0.132, could this OS be the issue? I also have been all over Googles support pages, forums etc and can not find any references to this issue. Come on Crackberry nation you have yet to fail me, someone always has the answer or suggestion that works. HELP.....and thanks
    04-29-09 05:54 PM
    Make sure you have a backup of your calendar items. My sync will delete my BB calendar entries in 2-week blocks every so often. Don't know why. After a couple days it fixes itself and syncs correctly. No idea why

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-29-09 07:18 PM
    Short answer is FB 1.5 is the culprit.

Long answer is when u enter an event on your BB it is entered on the default calendar. Since FB has hijacked the calendar and sets itself as the default it will not sync back to your gmail calendar. Look under the options for the calendar and you'll see that the default is green and FB is blue. Notice the color of the entries that u made on the BB are also blue. These will not sync back to the gmail calendar because you've entered them one the FB calendar. My advice is to remove FB 1.5 and use the mobile site. If u insist on the FB app go back to 1.3.

04-29-09 07:39 PM
    Other than FB, any other ideas on the what the culprit might be. I don't have FB installed and I'm having this issue. Any other suggestions? Only apps I currently have installed are google talk, yahoo messenger, BB messenger, quickpull and weathereye. Thanks
    04-29-09 11:15 PM
    im not sure...i was skeptical about it being facebook as well (because it's not my default calendar) but im pretty sure i had no problem with two-way sync before i updated to fb1.5...
    04-30-09 12:15 PM
    What if you change the default calendar back to your BB one (the option to do so is somewhere in Advanced Options)?
    Last edited by Mr. Spontaneous; 04-30-09 at 12:26 PM.
    04-30-09 12:22 PM
    i think i mentioned i already had the blackberry calendar as my default.

i also just turned off facebook calendar integration and deleted the facebook CICAL, but it still wont work. im going to try uninstalling/reinstalling facebook (and maybe testing the sync again in between) to see if that works...
    04-30-09 12:31 PM
    Wasn't there a problem with the wireless calendar sync in some of these OS builds? I have 3 email accounts and when I go to options and click on the email addresses all 3 show wireless sync button but the button shows 'NO' and is faded out and can't be changed to yes. Maybe that's it?!?!

04-30-09 12:41 PM
    On Google's FAQ for google sync they say that only apps added to your BB after you install Sync will be uploaded to Google Calender.

I don't know if updated an old appointment counts for that... But any appointments on your calender when you install Sync will not be uploaded ot Google.
    04-30-09 12:42 PM
    im still running .75, believe it or not, so i dont think its the OS. especially since two-way sync used to work for me. (so the problem isnt old events prior to my installing google sync either, its been installed since i got my storm around thanksgiving.)

whats even more frustrating is that even after uninstalling facebook and deleting the facebook CICAL, i still cant move events from my BB to my google calendar
    04-30-09 12:45 PM
    Short answer is FB 1.5 is the culprit.

Long answer is when u enter an event on your BB it is entered on the default calendar. Since FB has hijacked the calendar and sets itself as the default it will not sync back to your gmail calendar. Look under the options for the calendar and you'll see that the default is green and FB is blue. Notice the color of the entries that u made on the BB are also blue. These will not sync back to the gmail calendar because you've entered them one the FB calendar. My advice is to remove FB 1.5 and use the mobile site. If u insist on the FB app go back to 1.3.

I have the same problem and it happened after I got FB 1.5. No BB entries go on my Google calendar. I tried installing older FB but it always installs 1.5. How do you install an older version?
    05-07-09 01:14 AM
    I had to uninstall facebook 1.5. created a new appt and sync uploaded to google calendar. However, it doesn't go back for anything it missed. No biggie there i guess.

Now if I can only find an install for facebook 1.3.
    05-07-09 12:33 PM
    I had to uninstall facebook 1.5. created a new appt and sync uploaded to google calendar. However, it doesn't go back for anything it missed. No biggie there i guess.

Now if I can only find an install for facebook 1.3.
    My FB 1.3 was in desktop manager. After I uninstalled FB 1.5 I went to add/remove application and there it was. I did this last night so I didn't check to see if my BB entries are going to my Google calendar.
    05-07-09 01:05 PM
    When i update a contacts birthday in gmail on the pc, it doesnt add the birthday info to the calender or to the blackberry contact, ive tried synching multiple times. Is this a known issue or can someone confirm if theyve run across this.

Thank you
    Last edited by ksmontoya; 07-24-09 at 08:49 AM.
    07-24-09 08:44 AM
    Looks like theres already a thread on this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/goo...rthdays-55015/

sorry.
    07-24-09 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD