I was SO PSYCHED when I heard about the Google Sync application for BBs (being a newbie)...I'm an avid Gmail etc. user and couldn't wait to get my **** home tonight to download it to my 8310 curve (can't do those things at work!).

But it's NOT syncing! I've fiddled with the very limited options I'm given...but no matter how many times I tell it to sync the stuff on my BB calendar doesn't go onto my Gmail Calendar or vise-versa! Is there a setting somewhere in the depths of my BB that I'm unaware of? Or does it only sync new additions? I'm sad!
    07-18-08 06:59 PM
    mine syncs but I'm now getting duplicate entries. No idea how to fix this either
    07-18-08 07:04 PM
    I was SO PSYCHED when I heard about the Google Sync application for BBs (being a newbie)...But it's NOT syncing! I've fiddled with the very limited options I'm given...but no matter how many times I tell it to sync the stuff on my BB calendar doesn't go onto my Gmail Calendar or vise-versa! Is there a setting somewhere in the depths of my BB that I'm unaware of? Or does it only sync new additions? I'm sad!
    In short, no, it won't do what you want. There is a bug or something that prevents it from taking items you have on your Blackberry and putting them in GCal. It will only sync NEW appointments not existing ones, unfortunately. I had to enter all of my appointments manually into GCal. Once I'd done that, it synced just fine. New appointments on my Blackberry also sync up fine.

There is also an issue with recurring appointments, I've heard. There are a ton of posts about both issues in the Google forums, but no solutions.
    07-18-08 08:53 PM
    The only thing that syncs for me are things that were put in to GCal directly. Syncing things added to the calendar by the blackberry never works.
    07-18-08 11:45 PM
    Google's usually so good about not releasing things that don't work properlly! I shall go look at Google's support forums and hope they figure it out soon. Adding appointments to both is SUCH A PAIN!
    07-19-08 09:07 AM
    Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:20:08 -0700 (PDT)
    Local: Thurs, Jul 17 2008 12:20 pm
    Subject: Re: Sync issues? Try this first.
    Reply | Forward | Print | Individual message | Report this message | Find messages by this author
    Thanks to everyone so far for your feedback.

To clarify, events that are on your BlackBerry calendar before you
    install and run Google Sync will not get synced. In other words, once
    you have installed and started running Google Sync, only events added
    to your BlackBerry calendar after that point will be synced to your
    Google Calendar.

To the users not seeing events go from phone to Google Calendar, have
    you tried adding an event on your BlackBerry after re-installing Sync,
    and then syncing?

@ don_bear_wilkinson...
    We will not add events to your Google Calendar that have been added to
    your BlackBerry phone by a third party. We recommend trying out the
    Google Calendar Sync. You can read more here:Google
    support/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=89955. You should be able
    to follow the steps outlined there to sync your Outlook and Google
    Calendars.

@ D072352
    We're looking into any issues with the download page that might
    prevent you from being able to download Sync. In the meantime, here's
    the direct link to the download page:

http://m.google.com/sync/apps/0.4.4/...ogleSync.jad?d...

Please be sure to use the above URL as is, capital letters and all.
    Let us know if this works for you.

Thanks everyone!
    Bret

On Jul 17, 6:28 am, StH

That's what I found on the Google Mobile help forum. Guess I've got to re-add all my appointments...fun!
    Last edited by Navan; 07-19-08 at 10:06 AM.
    07-19-08 09:30 AM
    k so update on my success- I re-added all my appointments and it seemed to work...I synced, it said they'd been uploaded...all's well. Then I went on my GCal online and nothing was there! I was SO ANGRY!

THEN I found the tab beside my calendar name and clicked on "display this calendar only" and everything showed up...so I have no clue what it was showing me before (somebody's calendar with nothing on it?) but now it's all synched and I'm happy.
    07-19-08 09:41 AM
    What do you guys use for your email? I am trying to figure out this dual entry problem I am having.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-19-08 11:34 AM
    I use Gmail. And Hotmail. And my School email...but they all end up in my Gmail.

Try maybe going to Google's help forums?
    07-22-08 04:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD