From the google calendar FAQ:

Calendar: Pre-existing events
    Print
    Google Sync automatically uploads any changes you make to events on your handheld within a few minutes. Please note that future events will only be displayed on your BlackBerry if they fall within the sync period.

Please note that events that are on your BlackBerry calendar before you install and run Google Sync will not get synced. In other words, once you have installed and started running Google Sync, only events added to your BlackBerry calendar after that point will by synced to your Google Calendar.

This is kind of a deal breaker for me. Is there anyway around this? Like marking all events as modified to force them to upload?

~S
    06-05-09 08:43 AM
    This doesn't really answer the question but what I did when I switched from Outlook to GCal was to make sure my Outlook was perfectly up-to-date, then import that calendar to Google Calendar, delete the calendar off my BB, and then sync it with Google Calendar. A bit of a hassle but it should do the trick.
    06-05-09 09:25 AM
    From the google calendar FAQ:

Calendar: Pre-existing events
    Print
    Google Sync automatically uploads any changes you make to events on your handheld within a few minutes. Please note that future events will only be displayed on your BlackBerry if they fall within the sync period.

Please note that events that are on your BlackBerry calendar before you install and run Google Sync will not get synced. In other words, once you have installed and started running Google Sync, only events added to your BlackBerry calendar after that point will by synced to your Google Calendar.

This is kind of a deal breaker for me. Is there anyway around this? Like marking all events as modified to force them to upload?

~S
    I was already using Google as a calendar before I started with gsync. The steps I took, that worked out well for me, where:

-Download Google Calendar and then delete everything.
    -Sync BB with outlook and then delete everything on the berry.
    -Install Google sync and get it running (I tested it with a few appointments to make sure)
    -Reload your calendar to Google
    -Sync your calendar back to your BB using Outlook
    -Run a Google sync and update everything.

I also use Google Calendar Sync for Outlook which allows me to have my appointments on my BB, Google and Outlook.
    06-05-09 09:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD