Thanks olblueyez. I had Google sync but wanted to reinstall and had deleted it. This little trick worked great. I had to make sure all my email settings were correct, and now, it syncs calendar both ways. It's easy, just add calendar synch to your settings. Then ensure the gmail settings in the calendar are correct. Yeah, it really helps when you read the posts in the forums first. Heh.
    01-10-13 04:27 PM
    I tried to download your file and I get an error - 907 Invalid COD HTTP Error 500 Internal Server error.
    Now what do I do?
    Thanks!
    01-10-13 05:00 PM
    I'd like to know why everyone is wasting more time doing this the ghetto way and starting redundant threads when the phone has all this covered with NO 3rd PARTY APPS!!!

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7...2122851550.jpg
    Under the sync options, I only have contacts and no box for calendar. It is the calendar that I need to sync.

SETUP (NOT OPTIONS DUMMY)~EMAIL ACCOUNTS~CLICK ON YOUR GMAIL ACCOUNT~SELECT EDIT~"Synchronization Options"

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/9...2122845208.jpg
    01-10-13 05:09 PM
    You are referencing the process to add an additional email address from google and sync through it.
    The problem is that this method does not sync multiple calendars and there is no other work around unless you set up multiple gmail addresses.

No .ics calendar synchronization either.
    01-10-13 06:51 PM
    Don't update when you have it already. These updates will kill it. I'm shifting from iOS to BB but its a hassle. Will still give it a try though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-14-13 06:14 AM
    If you need to add a static .ics calendar, here is a great way to download the .ics file and update it, then email your bb and it will add the entire calendar to your BB.
    see this thread
    http://forums.crackberry.com/native-...around-237230/
    dimm0k likes this.
    01-14-13 03:11 PM
    Hey there,

I too have lost my Sync facility and have no idea what to do with a jap file!

Can you help please.

Blessings

Scott
    01-18-13 06:06 AM
    For those of you who had tried and got the "907 Invalid COD HTTP Error 500: Internal Server Error", you may try this link instead:
    http://bit.ly/BBGSync
    For all those still looking, this is the link that worked to download for me.
    01-18-13 05:51 PM
    Hey there,

I too have lost my Sync facility and have no idea what to do with a jap file!

Can you help please.

Blessings

Scott
    The .jad file should just download the program to your phone. Click on the link in your browser on your bb
    01-18-13 05:52 PM
    So I downloaded it and keep trying to sync but get an error when after I sign in successfully I try to sync:

"Sync failed

Please try again later, if the problem persists try signing out of sync and signing in again. "

Anyone else get it to work? From what Ive read google only disabled downloads but not the actually syncing process
    (and yes I did try to sign out and sign back in)
    01-18-13 05:53 PM
    For all those still looking, this is the link that worked to download for me.
    I was able to download this using the link. But when I tried to enter username and password it says "Login failed, due to network problems, please check your settings." Does this mean the server is not responding? I have set the Wifi, Network Connections to "ON" but can't get passed through.

Thanks though
    01-18-13 10:12 PM
    I was able to download this using the link. But when I tried to enter username and password it says "Login failed, due to network problems, please check your settings." Does this mean the server is not responding? I have set the Wifi, Network Connections to "ON" but can't get passed through.

Thanks though
    Hmm are you on bis?
    01-19-13 01:06 AM
    No I'm not BIS.

01-19-13 01:33 AM
    No I'm not BIS.

Pretty sure that's the issue then. Don't worry though I am and I can't get out it freaking sync anyways
    01-19-13 01:43 AM
    I don't have windows 7 contact built in, But I'm on Windows7 platform. weird.
    01-19-13 04:35 AM
    If you use "debug" in the option, you'll see lots of 404 messages.

So it looks like Google have removed support at their end.
    01-20-13 09:47 PM
    hey i downloaded google sync from that drop box link, but its not syncing!! it says sync failed, try later or sign in again. i tried everything, even restarted my phone, but the problem persists. any idea why and how i can successfully sync my contacts?
    02-04-13 10:19 AM
    hey i downloaded google sync from that drop box link, but its not syncing!! it says sync failed, try later or sign in again. i tried everything, even restarted my phone, but the problem persists. any idea why and how i can successfully sync my contacts?
    Sorry, but this app no longer functions anymore because Google dropped support for the app. Will remove the link now...

If you have OS6+ then you can turn on BIS sync for your Google account in the e-mail setup app on the phone.
    02-04-13 01:28 PM
    Still reading though the thread, so it might have been mentioned, but if you have Google Apps for Business you can also use the Gmail plugin built into BB, as long as your MX records are pointed to Google (aspmx.l.google.com). If not pointing then I think your carrier can do something on the BIS to let it know it's a Gmail account. Rogers fixed mine.
    02-07-13 09:21 PM
    This google sync dose not fork with OS 5 ?

i got message " Download fail" . when i look details:
    "907 Invaild COD Unable to import ZIP file"
    03-10-13 06:14 PM
    The best and easiest way to to do this..... Down load an app called Zootta on both BB and Android... and follow the simple steps... you"ll be done in no time all your Contacts...

Cheers!!
    03-15-13 10:59 AM
    I know google stopped supporting it for blackberry but it seems like it's no longer even available now. Now looking for alternate ways to sync contacts across my blackberries. I'm trying Soocial for a few days see how it goes (syncing gmail and hotmail contacts. Anyone knows if there's an alternate ota source for google sync? or any other services to sync contacts?
    05-03-13 11:52 AM
122 ... 345