I know google stopped supporting it for blackberry but it seems like it's no longer even available now. Now looking for alternate ways to sync contacts across my blackberries. I'm trying Soocial for a few days see how it goes (syncing gmail and hotmail contacts. Anyone knows if there's an alternate ota source for google sync? or any other services to sync contacts?
    10-08-12 02:00 AM
    wow, that sucks... if you want, I can zip it up for you since I still have it. let me know since I'll be creating a .jad for it to put onto my SD card for future device wipes.
    shobande likes this.
    10-08-12 09:23 AM
    Just updated firmware to 7.1 2061 and my google sync disappeared! Never been this scared before.
    10-08-12 12:40 PM
    Looks like we're gonna have more and more people out there without this nifty little, unfortunately, unsupported app so I've made it available through my Dropbox account. Already have it installed on my device, but it looks to be working fine when you download it from the device. Let me know if there's any issues or that this was helpful with the thanks/like button!

removed

For those who prefer a shorter link, here it is removed
    Last edited by dimm0k; 02-04-13 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Google dropped app and support
    10-08-12 01:08 PM
    Looks like we're gonna have more and more people out there without this nifty little, unfortunately, unsupported app so I've made it available through my Dropbox account. Already have it installed on my device, but it looks to be working fine when you download it from the device. Let me know if there's any issues or that this was helpful with the thanks/like button!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4621398/goog...oogle_sync.jad
    Thanks a lot, ill be keeping a copy. hope it still works at least until BB10 is out. also exploring other alternatives for now. Soocial.com is not bad for now, syncs 4 times a day only though, (2 times for free plans)
    10-08-12 02:22 PM
    No problem! Hopefully Google doesn't make drastic changes in the future so that this app can still work long into the future... though hopefully BB10 removes the need for this app.
    10-08-12 04:28 PM
    OMG, I have been looking and looking for this solution and work around. Thank you so much for post this and making google sync available to others. Now I feel in control of my calendar and contacts on google and I don't have to change mail services.

will
    10-11-12 09:29 AM
    Thank you for sharing
    10-15-12 08:22 AM
    I'm getting "907 Invalid COD HTTP error 413: request entity Too Large" when I try to dl the file.

Anyone know why? I'm trying to dl from my Bold's browser.

thx

UPDATE - Got it working. Have another issue now that instead of adding my gmail contacts from the sync to my Gmail calendar, they add them to my BES calendar and won't allow me to change it.
    Last edited by Legellan; 10-15-12 at 05:53 PM.
    10-15-12 04:22 PM
    UPDATE - Got it working. Have another issue now that instead of adding my gmail contacts from the sync to my Gmail calendar, they add them to my BES calendar and won't allow me to change it.
    What you'll need to do is disable sync by logging out. That should remove everything that was added to your device so you can start clean again. Then go into Options for the device, not the app, and type in "Default Services". There you'll have the option to set your default calendar, contacts, and messaging. I believe if you want 2 way sync for google, you'll need to set calendar and contacts to your gmail account. Hopefully you can do this with BES.
    tomelongname likes this.
    10-16-12 09:06 AM
    that did it. Thought I did change it. but double checked and turned on sync and all is good.
    Thx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk
    10-16-12 09:49 AM
    That sucks! I updated my firmware and voila no google sync for me
    10-17-12 04:20 AM
    Thank you very much for storing the Google Sync application. Nice to have it back. I have saved it as well if needed.
    10-19-12 06:01 PM
    Are you sure it is working? Google is pretty clear in all their communication that IT IS SHUT OFF. Did they extend this? As of today, all their postings say that it was removed for download and unsupported. They said that those who wanted to keep using it until September 1, 2012. At that point it was supposed to be shut down and no longer work at all. Can you verify that your contacts are indeed backed up and sync both ways? Create and delete a dummy contact on either system and see if it syncs? You are supposed to be syncing google, yahoo, etc through your BIS account now.
    11-01-12 01:07 PM
    Are you sure it is working? Google is pretty clear in all their communication that IT IS SHUT OFF. Did they extend this? As of today, all their postings say that it was removed for download and unsupported. They said that those who wanted to keep using it until September 1, 2012. At that point it was supposed to be shut down and no longer work at all. Can you verify that your contacts are indeed backed up and sync both ways? Create and delete a dummy contact on either system and see if it syncs? You are supposed to be syncing google, yahoo, etc through your BIS account now.
    It definitely still syncs. They are removing support for the app and the app itself, not the service. As long as they don't change anything this app should continue to work.
    11-01-12 01:33 PM
    Are the Google Sync options not built into the BlackBerry OS? Thus the reason for Google not supporting the app?

Messages/BlackBerry Key/Options/Email Account Management/Edit Your Gmail Settings

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by olblueyez; 11-01-12 at 08:31 PM.
    southlander likes this.
    11-01-12 08:21 PM
    There is built-in calendar syncing, but it doesn't handle multiple calendars.
    11-03-12 08:47 PM
    I discovered this just tonight, well last night at work. it does not require an app.
    Transferring Blackberry Contacts to an Android (Galaxy Note ll)

your welcome. and I still love my blackberry 9700
    bunky1971 and raino like this.
    11-12-12 06:08 AM
    I discovered this just tonight, well last night at work. it does not require an app.
    Transferring Blackberry Contacts to an Android (Galaxy Note ll)

your welcome. and I still love my blackberry 9700
    Paulie if this works I swear the next time I'm in LA I will buy you all the chocolate pudding cake and Coke you can eat and drink.
    11-12-12 10:54 AM
    Thanks!!!!! I bought my first BB yesterday and was shocked I couldn`t synchronize my google calendar!!!! Thanks, dimm0k, thanks thanks!!! It works
    11-13-12 02:57 AM
    Thank you thank you thank you. I cannot believe this works. I have been miserable with no calendar since i got my new Blackberry. It works! Thank you!
    11-13-12 05:23 AM
    When i run the file on my torch it pulls up the details but when i click download application, it gives me an error saying:

907 Invalid COD
    File not Found

any ideas?
    11-14-12 12:57 AM
    Hi plz assist how can i transfer bb contacts to iphone.
    11-14-12 07:11 AM
    When i run the file on my torch it pulls up the details but when i click download application, it gives me an error saying:

907 Invalid COD
    File not Found

any ideas?
    If you have wi-fi on, try turning it off and trying it again. Or turn off the radio and try it again with just wi-fi...
    11-14-12 08:11 AM
    Okay, I just did the update on my bold 9900 and I too had the google sync removed and went into complete panic when I couldnt download the google sync for bb on my phone.

as I was reading here I noticed an activation icon still showing on the phone, I clicked it and it said something about calendar sync complete.

I checked the calendar settings and the google sync was put back. I had to reenter all my settings but it seems to be working.

How do we make sure the above google sync file is well distributed in the public domain?
    11-15-12 01:47 PM
122 123 ...