Received a new 9700 from T-Mobile with the new OS already downloaded in it. This is a replacement for my other 9700 which stopped working. Had google sync working for months on my other 9700 without a flaw. With the new OS T-Mobile has the contacts auto back up with the T-Mobile website and works very good. The only problem is my google sync got all screwed up. Right now I have all my contacts on my phone and backed up with the T-Mobile website and that is working great. I deleted google sync from my phone and the contacts on my google website. Does anyone know the right way to set up google sync to work along with the T-Mobile sync??? I even tried to shut the T-Mobile sync off and use my google sync. Couldn't get the T-Mobile sync to shut off. I thought I was pretty up to date on the sync issues but you know what thought did, ****, it just screwed it all up. Any help from another T-Mobile customer that can point me in the right direction would be well appreciated.
    Thanks
    Vinny
    05-07-10 04:40 PM
    Are you attached to TMO sync? or the google sync for contacts?

I had several problems having google sync work with my current contacts on my phone and it would also attach email addresses as if they were actual people (even generic craig list emails). I think you got lucky cross platforming initially since I'm not sure how TMO syncs contacts, let alone google sync. The latter is not native to blackberry so I'm not surprised you've run into issues.

An idea is to create a vcard out of all of your contacts on tmo or on your cell and email it to your google account and open it up so that they match. I think google sync is a far way from being an appropriate contact manager, especially if you ever get any trash mail.

Don't know if that helps at all though lol

Received a new 9700 from T-Mobile with the new OS already downloaded in it. This is a replacement for my other 9700 which stopped working. Had google sync working for months on my other 9700 without a flaw. With the new OS T-Mobile has the contacts auto back up with the T-Mobile website and works very good. The only problem is my google sync got all screwed up. Right now I have all my contacts on my phone and backed up with the T-Mobile website and that is working great. I deleted google sync from my phone and the contacts on my google website. Does anyone know the right way to set up google sync to work along with the T-Mobile sync??? I even tried to shut the T-Mobile sync off and use my google sync. Couldn't get the T-Mobile sync to shut off. I thought I was pretty up to date on the sync issues but you know what thought did, ****, it just screwed it all up. Any help from another T-Mobile customer that can point me in the right direction would be well appreciated.
    Thanks
    05-07-10 05:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD