When I opened Google Sync as part of trying to figure out why my calendar entries disappear, I found a message there that reads "Another client has been adding caledar events to the Blackberry calendar, to avoid duplicates Google Sync will not keep these events up to date."
    Does anyone know what this is referring to? I don't sync with any other program.

I'm still having calendar enties disappear. I did read in the help section on my BB, that if you have your desktop email as having priority when conflicts occur, that this, also, applies to how your calendar reconciles. So if I enter something on my BB, when it syncs with Google calendar, the entry will be deleted if its not on my desktop calendar. If this is true, then why doesn't it happen with all of my entries? If its not true, why are my calendar entries disappearing??

I need a reliable calendar system!!

Michele
    05-16-10 10:28 AM
    I had received that message once before but then it went away. I really don't know the reason for it but I haven't noticed any calendar entries disappearing. But you pose a good question. I hope someone will provide an answer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-16-10 10:51 AM
    I tried to sync my google calendar and when I go on my laptop to check my calendar entries that I put on my bb, nothing is there.

05-16-10 02:37 PM
    As per Google sync itself anything on your BB prior to sync will not sync up.
    05-16-10 02:40 PM
    Here what I've identified regarding the red Google Sync: "Another sync client has been adding events..."

1. Check Options-Advanced Options-Default Services and see the email account that is the default for calendar. (Hint: you can set one email as default for email and another as default for calendar!) Whatever is set as your default for calendar is the account that Google Sync will synchronize with your gmail.

Note: You can select a none Gmail email for your blackberry default, but your Gmail calendar will be synching based upon the Gmail account login you use for Google Sync.

2. If you create an new calendar entry in you blackberry using your default calendar email (look at the top), and you invite anyone else to that entry, Google sync sees that action as that of another sync client action - as those invited emails are not syncing. (This is a sync issue, and not a Gmail issue. This happends even if all the emails that you're inviting are Gmails.)

3. If anyone sends a iCal invite to your default calendar email, Google sync interprets this too as another sync client action and displays the red warning.

Workflows to avoiding triggering this warning

1. Send all calendar invites using a different email other than the blackberry calendar default email. This is true for your blackberry or using a full browser (desktop, laptop, android, iPhone...)

OR

2. Set your blackberry calendar to another email that is different from your default email serviced by Google sync.

Before you dismiss this approach as wacky, consider the following workflow.

a. Your main email is your Gmail account that is also your blackberry email default.
    b. Use another email for your calendar default. It doesn't even need to be a Gmail! If you're on BIS, in the USA you can create a [email protected] account. Outside the USA, I don't know about all the rules, but I'm sure you can create some email. You have no use for that email, as you DON'T want anyone sending you invites or appointments to that email.
    c. Send that second email to be your blackberry calendar default. Load Google sync, set your options and sync.
    d. Now if anyone sends you an invite to your main Gmail, or you create an invite in your mail Gmail, you will not see the red warning. Anything entered in your main Gmail calendar on a desktop, laptop, android, iPhone... will appear in your blackberry. Anything you add to your default calendar in your blackberry will also sync.

Simple, right? :-)

It sure beats hooking up your blackberry to the desktop client, going to backup-advanced, clearing the calendar entries, deleting google sync from your handset, rebooting, re-installing google sync and then re-synching.
    05-18-10 06:43 PM
    I hope that I'm understanding this correctly, if you set up another email address and set it as your default, any calendar entry that you create with the default account will sync to your gmail? If this is true then thank you so much for the tip.

05-18-10 07:15 PM
    Ok so couple of questions:
    You say in #2 that if I "create a new event in my BB using my default calendar e-mail, and I invite anyone else to that action, google sync sees that as a google sync conflict." I don't create events in any of my e-mail accounts that I access from my phone. I don't sync my BB with the USB to Outlook. I have my g-mail e-mail listed for my calendar default and another address listed under default messaging.
    So where do I go from here? Thanks!

Michele
    05-19-10 01:45 AM
    I am getting the same issue. It's annoying, but GSync still works. for me. I have iCal calendars loaded into my Google Calendar that do not sync up with my 9700. They are mainly sports ones so no big deal.
    06-17-10 12:42 PM
    This seems to be an appropriate thread to ask a question about Google Sync, however slightly unrelated to the OP.

My sync has not been synching for the past couple of days. I receive an error "Please try again later. If the problem persists try signing out of the sync and signing in again" All I can do is dismiss the error. I've seen this several times in the past, however not for day after day.

Well the errors seems simple enough really. However when I attempt to sign out it's asking if I really want to delete all phone entries that are synched. I'm wondering if I do answer yes, if it will keep my Google calendar and contacts on the PC intact. I currently don't use it to sync contacts automatically so I'm a little less worried about that, however still a valid concern. Also, if I do choose to have it delete the phone entries, will it sync the entries that are on my PC calendar back to the BB?

Thanks for the help, I hope I described my concerns properly.
    06-18-10 12:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD