I'm really liking the new device but I'm having an issue with google sync.

As soon as I bought the device, I downloaded google sync so that I'd have my contacts updated. I decided to hold on setting up the calendar until later. Now when I click on options in gsync, nothing opens to allow me to set it up. I know have 12 new contacts named googlesync test showing up in my contact list.

Question;
    How do I delete the app in 6?

Any thoughts on corrections to fix it?

Thanks,
    BigHat
    08-12-10 02:58 PM
    I'm having a similar issue and I took it a step further and deleted all but 1 of those googlesync contacts from my gmail, which I don't suggest because now sync won't even finish a sync after I start it manually. I'm currently working on finding out how to do both-delete all of those contacts and get sync working properly. A problem I had with google sync and my 9000 was that it was duplicating contacts sometimes by 10 or 20. I'll let you know what I find out and please do the same if you figure anything out.

thanks,
    Will
    08-14-10 03:11 PM
    You know you dont have to use google sync for contacts anymore its built into the software now to sync google contacts. Works but doesnt bring contact photos or at least didnt bring my photos
    08-14-10 03:21 PM
    SAME issue here. I thought I was losing it. I received my phone, no lag, installed Google Sync and lag started.

Uninstalled and reinstalled and now can't open Options. All rather weird. Then I had three contacts in GMail, Google Sync Test. I deleted those, too, twice...

Very, very weird. Obviously not too compatible with BB6. I need my calendar on my BlackBerry...
    08-14-10 03:50 PM
    naviculture-I use google sync for my calendar also. Do you think that setting the auto-sync to a larger time interval will limit how often it lags?

ratchet-I thought it was super cool when I was setting up my 9800 and my contacts were sent over from my gmail but how often does it sync those together if i am without google sync?
    08-14-10 04:03 PM
    That could possible work, Willsaint - now if only I could get into options!?!
    08-14-10 04:15 PM
    delete apps by going to downloads, or find app on home screen, track pad high-light the app then selecting delete.
    08-15-10 10:25 PM
    delete apps by going to downloads, or find app on home screen, track pad high-light the app then selecting delete.
    08-15-10 10:33 PM
    Did anyone figure out a way to see "OPTIONS" in Google Sync? I have the same problem as above posts, and eager for an answer so I can ultimately sync my multiple goggle calendars with my BB calendar; as I understand prior coversations in other places, it is settling this in the OPTIONS of google sync that will ultimately make this possible, but, despite several delete and reloads of google sync have not been able to see anything come up when I select Options in Google sync. Thanks for any advice!

Daveincaz

Torch/ATT user
    10-05-10 12:35 PM
    This is strange. I am having no issues with google sync on my torch.
    10-05-10 12:46 PM
    The issue I am having is, I only sync my calendar, it will download from google to my phone but will not upload calendar events from my phone to my google calendar

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-10 07:14 PM
    The issue I am having is, I only sync my calendar, it will download from google to my phone but will not upload calendar events from my phone to my google calendar

Hmmm... I've had my Torch since Friday so I haven't really checked til just now. I added a few entries to my BB calendar last night and figured it would automatically sync. Well it didn't. I just tried to manually sync it, then checked online to see if they uploaded... Nope.

I'm really missing my Calendar Pro (not OS6 compatible yet) and they way it synced ever so perfectly on my 9000.
    10-05-10 07:32 PM
    Did anyone figure out a way to see "OPTIONS" in Google Sync? I have the same problem as above posts, and eager for an answer so I can ultimately sync my multiple goggle calendars with my BB calendar; as I understand prior coversations in other places, it is settling this in the OPTIONS of google sync that will ultimately make this possible, but, despite several delete and reloads of google sync have not been able to see anything come up when I select Options in Google sync. Thanks for any advice!

Daveincaz

Torch/ATT user
    I can see my "Options" in GoogleSync no problem.
    10-05-10 07:34 PM

Daveincaz

Torch/ATT user
    This may be a dumb question, but when you open Google Sync, are you pressing the BB Menu key? That is where you will find the Options for the app.

I use Google Sync for both Contacts and Calendar. It can be a little finicky to set up, but I can assure you it does work, both ways. I use it exclusively for my personal contacts and calendars.

If anyone is having problems, I would recommend the following:
    1. Make sure all contacts and calendar events are backed up
    2. Using DM, delete the contacts and calendar databases from your phone
    3. Delete Google Sync from your device
    4. Do a battery pull, restart
    5. Reinstall Google Sync
    6. Start Google Sync and login to your Google account
    7. Setup your Options (from the BB Menu within the app)
    8. Sync away

I've had to do this a few times, but I have it working well now.
    10-05-10 08:50 PM
    I have no problems with google sync for calendar, but contacts.

Do anyone know how long do I have to wait BIS syncing my contacts if I edit with contacts on my phone or gmail contacts? 5 or 10 minutes ?

10-06-10 02:21 AM
    This may be a dumb question, but when you open Google Sync, are you pressing the BB Menu key? That is where you will find the Options for the app.

I use Google Sync for both Contacts and Calendar. It can be a little finicky to set up, but I can assure you it does work, both ways. I use it exclusively for my personal contacts and calendars.

5. Reinstall Google Sync
    8. Sync away

This did it for me, all is working out great. Thanks a bunch
    10-06-10 09:48 AM
    O.k. how are people using Google Sync on the Torch? I get an error message right at the start saying Google Sync is not compatible with this device!?
    10-08-10 09:21 PM

Yup, it appears to be a one way sync only for me too. Kind of a worthless app in this regard since my BB is my primary calendar to me.
    10-08-10 10:12 PM

5. Reinstall Google Sync
    8. Sync away

google sync is working now..haha...no more issue
    thanks~
    10-08-10 11:17 PM
    Here's my issue.. I want a second calendar..I have my work one setup via bees, but I'd like a personal cal to run within the cal program so it doesn't sync with my work one.. I'm sure I did this with google with mu 8900 .. But I can't setup a second cal within the native cal app.. Am I missing something? I did setup my personal gmail acct w/o issue...

10-08-10 11:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD