I can't seem to get Google Sync to work. I've managed to get my calendar and contacts downloaded to my Berry though google, but every time I try to sync it fails saying "Please try again later, if the problem persists try logging out and logging back in." I've tried this many times, I've set permissions to allow, and I've tried a battery pull. Nothing has worked. Anyone else experience this or figure out how to fix it? Thanks.
    06-19-10 12:17 PM
    Pretty sure its a google issue. It kept doing that to me yesterday, but synced sometime last night.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-19-10 12:24 PM
    Pretty sure its a google issue. It kept doing that to me yesterday, but synced sometime last night.

At least that tells me it's not an OS 5 incompatibility which was what I was afraid of.
    06-19-10 12:36 PM
    Well, I'm using OS5......

lol

06-19-10 01:07 PM
    Same problem here. No sync for 3 days. I have OS 5, but it's worked fine with that for months, ever since I upgraded.
    06-21-10 09:25 AM
    So I'm not the only one? I just updated to the latest AT&T version of OS 5 on my 9700. I thought that was causing the issue.
    06-21-10 09:39 AM
    I'm on OS 4.5 with my 8330 - I've had the sync failing for two days now too. D/l'd the newest version of sync (0.5.15 to 0.7.3) after having rebooted a couple times. That didn't work either. Sounds like a Google sync issue to me.
    06-21-10 10:09 AM
    I was having this problem until the weekend. I had to go to my carrier's BIS area and check the box for "sync calender and contacts" under my gmail account. After that, everything worked great.

06-21-10 10:36 AM
    I'm getting two issues here.

First, the "another sync client has been addding events to the BlackBerry calendar...."

Under that, the "last sync failed" notice.

I removed google sync, it wiped out my calendar on my BB, then reinstalled. It "seems" like everything is back from the google cal to the bb cal. However, it's not adding new events if I add them on google cal and try to sync with the BB.

I also have another calendar on my google account called "tasks". What the heck is that? I can't delete it either.
    06-21-10 11:54 AM
    Also having problems with google sync. Never have had a problem in the past. It must be a google sync problem. I hope.
    06-21-10 01:39 PM
    I am also having sync problems.

Glad I'm not the only one tbf.
    06-21-10 01:46 PM
    Ditto.... and PO'd about it.
    06-21-10 04:31 PM
    It would nice if a "failure to sync" would alert you so that you could address the problem... or at least know that the things you are inputting will not be seen on your computer (or blackberry).
    06-21-10 04:59 PM
    My sync has been down since last night. Never experienced any problems in the past with google sync. It has always been very reliable. I have mine on manual sync. I have signed out resigned in, pulled the battery still no sync. Something is up with the app for sure. Either that or it's Rim.
    06-21-10 05:46 PM
    Same here, worked fine as of yesterday around 11pm. But I've had problems all day, though it was me so I signed out and deleted the sync but it wouldnt let me sign back in and when I finally was able to sign back in my list of calendars wouldnt come up. I'm back to the usb cord and DM for now.
    06-21-10 05:54 PM
    Same problem here with my 9630 and 9650. A co-worker also has a 9630 and is having the same problem.
    06-21-10 05:58 PM
    Same problem with my 9700 on 02 UK. Had problems since last night UK time.

06-21-10 06:42 PM
    Intermittent problems since Saturday PM here on AT&T in SE US. Last successful sync shortly after midnight CDT today.

06-21-10 07:04 PM
    Anyone here seeing the app sync on it's own? I know it's supposed to sync every two hours or so. Mine isn't. I don't get any messages about a failure, unless I select "sync now".

I tried reporting the bug to google through the debug section of sync, we'll see if that helps.
    06-21-10 07:31 PM
    Anyone here seeing the app sync on it's own? I know it's supposed to sync every two hours or so. Mine isn't. I don't get any messages about a failure, unless I select "sync now".

I tried reporting the bug to google through the debug section of sync, we'll see if that helps.

I'm also unable to sync. Outlook to Google is fine, Google to BB through Google sync bombs every time. NOT good.

MG

06-21-10 07:40 PM

I did the same, and erased the debug log to see what new info it generates. So far no successful sync.
    If I do a manual sync, I can see that it downloads all my calendar info, then moves on to contacts before I get a sync failed message.

06-21-10 08:04 PM
    Oops double post
    Last edited by sickboy719; 06-21-10 at 08:17 PM.
    06-21-10 08:15 PM
    I just moved from a tour 9630 to a bold 9650 on vzw and noticed that about 70% of the time google sync is not working. I had os 5 on the tour and I just thought maybe it was an issue with the version of os 5 that came with the bold. Now it looks like it may be a google or RIM issue. Clearing the calendar and contacts with DM and re-installing google sync does not help. My permissions are all set to allow. It sucks because I really rely on google sync. I found the contacts sync in BIS does not work well and never had a problem with google sync in the past. I also noticed that if I sync it manually it seems to fail on the contacts portion of the sync as well. It just gives me the last sync failed message. Other times it syncs fine. It's very strange.
    06-21-10 09:16 PM
    I just had a look on the Google help forums, it seems pretty widespread.

06-21-10 09:36 PM
    Google Sync also not working for me---- get "Last sync failed" notice perpetually. I have AT&T 9700 using the 5.0.0.593 OS. Does anybody from google read this?
    06-21-10 11:20 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD