I've had this problem for a while.. but it's driving me nuts. Whenever GoogleSync syncs my Google calendar with my Bold, it puts a ton of duplicate entries on the same day.

It seems to only happen when an event spans multiple days. For instance, if I have "Working from home" on my Google Calendar for Moday thru Friday... when my phone syncs, it puts "Working from home" on Monday anywhere from 5-10 times, and doesn't put anything for Tues-Friday.

Anyone else see this? It's so bad I almost don't even want to use Google Sync anymore. I get a ton of work calendar entries from other people and it's making my calendar unusable.
    02-01-10 09:51 AM
    It happens a lot. Sometimes I've gone as far as using DM to manually delete my calendar and resync. Even does this with contacts. Now with OS 5, it worse because like calendar, contacts get messed up too with other names with someone elses number, ect. GoogleSync has made my BB experience ****.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-01-10 10:08 AM
    I'm using the OS 5 also (the "official", not "beta").

I just used DM to delete all calendar entries, and I've uninstalled Google Sync. Going to try reinstalling it again from scratch. I don't have any faith that it's going to work though.

Is there any way to prevent the blackberry from automatically adding events to the calendar that I receive by email? I know I could set up a filter and prevent them from being sent to the phone, but I get so many different invitations with so many different From/Subject/etc that I couldn't accurately filter them all.
    02-01-10 10:14 AM
    i wonder 2 things

1. is your calender options set to "allow duplicates"
    2. is your time set as "busy"

i get an error message when i try to set something that overlaps another appointment. this is a good thing, as it alerts me that i'm already busy. i use outlook and perhaps google is different.
    02-01-10 10:38 AM
    i wonder 2 things

1. is your calender options set to "allow duplicates"
    Where is this setting? On the blackberry, if I go to Calendar > Options, I don't have anything of the sort. I also don't see anything like that in Google Sync.

After deleting all calendar entries and reinstalling GoogleSync from scratch, it synced up perfectly without duplicates. But I have a feeling after I start adding more entries and receiving more invitations via email, it's going to get corrupted again.
    02-01-10 01:12 PM
    idk, as I say, I use outlook and know nothing about google...

here's a few links i found on the net... hope it helps...

Google Sync duplicates calendar entries on Windows Mobile - Google Mobile Help

Google Sync Duplicates - Users - Troubleshooting (Archived) | Google Groups

Duplicate Events on Blackberry Calendar and Google Calendars after Sync
    Posted by Matt on February 27, 2008 05:35 pm

I recently switched to a blackberry 8130 with Verizon Wireless. After using the blackberry for a while and having all of my google accounts on the blackberry, I was noticing a very annoying trend. Whenever I got an email invitation, it would result in a duplicate entry in both my blackberry and google calendar. After much frustration I realized what was happening. The invitation was automatically being added to my Google calendar and to my blackberry calendar when each received the email. The solution to this problem is very simple.

I set up a filter in my Blackberry Internet Service setup. For verizon customers this service is located at: bis.na.blackberry.com. I created a filter using “invitation” as the subject line. Now whenever I receive an email invite, it is only accepted and automatically added to my Google calendar.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/goo...events-185666/
    02-02-10 10:16 AM
    Ok, sorry to say but I have been searching and searching this issue and nothing has solved the problem. Finally I have found someone with the same exact issue (Google Calendar sync with BB Bold) and the responses have not yet been helpful. There is no option to not show duplicates on BB calendar, or Google Calendar.

Once I did GoogleSync it started syncing automatically and every time it did it created duplicates of ALL events on both the blackberry AND google calendar. I stopped automatic Sync but I'm guessing once I do a manual sync it will do the same. I now have 7 of the same events everywhere. Kind of hard to see where I have free time!

PLEASE HELP!!!
    06-06-11 10:20 AM
    Ok, sorry to say but I have been searching and searching this issue and nothing has solved the problem. Finally I have found someone with the same exact issue (Google Calendar sync with BB Bold) and the responses have not yet been helpful. There is no option to not show duplicates on BB calendar, or Google Calendar.

Once I did GoogleSync it started syncing automatically and every time it did it created duplicates of ALL events on both the blackberry AND google calendar. I stopped automatic Sync but I'm guessing once I do a manual sync it will do the same. I now have 7 of the same events everywhere. Kind of hard to see where I have free time!

PLEASE HELP!!!
    Before you start an initial sync you need to decide which calendar will be your "master". It would make sense for this to be your Gmail calendar to get started. Make sure you have all the correct entires in the master and then clear or delete ALL entries in the other calendar. If you don't do this you WILL get duplicates. Then install and configure Google Sync or BIS sync.
    06-06-11 12:21 PM
    same issue here.
    02-08-12 12:36 PM
    An excerpt from google answers
    The problem seems to lie with Blackberry sync and Google sync both trying to synchronize the calendar. Turn off the Blackberry sync by going to Calendar--> Options--> Select your account (the gmail address that you are synching with)--> Un-check 'Wireless Synchronization'. Once this is turned off, use Google sync.

Blackberry: How can I delete all my events on my Blackberry's default calendar
    Go into the calendar, set your view to be agenda, and then scroll up to the top of your calendar, highlight the first date listed and hit the menu key. Now choose "delete prior" and it will remove all of your calendar entries.

Deleting duplicates from Google Calendar
    You can use the donation-ware tool to delete your duplicates. Here is the tool on the page. Read their FAQs.

Free Google Calendar Duplicate Remover (Donation-ware) | ryanVision
    mssca likes this.
    02-08-12 12:58 PM
    02-10-12 07:42 PM
    An excerpt from google answers
    The problem seems to lie with Blackberry sync and Google sync both trying to synchronize the calendar. Turn off the Blackberry sync by going to Calendar--> Options--> Select your account (the gmail address that you are synching with)--> Un-check 'Wireless Synchronization'. Once this is turned off, use Google sync.

Blackberry: How can I delete all my events on my Blackberry's default calendar
    Go into the calendar, set your view to be agenda, and then scroll up to the top of your calendar, highlight the first date listed and hit the menu key. Now choose "delete prior" and it will remove all of your calendar entries.
    This is what I did a while ago and it solved my duplicate entries problem once and for all. The only thing I did different is to totally uninstall GoogleSync as it was totally unnecessary if I had my gmail account on my device optioned to wirelessly sync (in my email options). This not only syncs my calendar, it also syncs my contacts for my gmail account.

So if set up properly, your blackberry already has an option for perfectly syncing your gmail calendar and contacts with your device contacts and calendar without GoogleSync.

Again, the first workaround shown above worked. In my case I just used that option instead of GoogleSync.

Hope this helps someone as the duplicate entries is a big problem.
    02-13-12 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD