I just downloaded Google Sync. My problem is events that are already on my device were not synced. Would it work if I removed and restored them through DM?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-23-10 08:08 AM
    I think that's just the way google sync works. Events already entered on your bb won't sync; only events added after you start google sync. So removing & restoring it won't fix it, sorry. Its annoying I know. I spent about an hour one day researching the problem and then deleting the events on my bb and re-adding them.
    02-23-10 08:41 AM
    Yes, this is absolutely true. won't sync the previous events.
    02-23-10 09:13 AM
    Thank you.

02-23-10 10:54 AM
    What if I've already got Google Sync installed and syncing contacts? I just added a bunch of calendar entries and was considering turning on the calendar portion. Should I not bother?

02-23-10 11:04 AM
    What if I've already got Google Sync installed and syncing contacts? I just added a bunch of calendar entries and was considering turning on the calendar portion.
    I'm pretty sure those events wouldn't sync. I think its based on when you start the calendar sync not when you downloaded google sync.

Should I not bother?
    That depends on you: weigh how convenient it would be in the long run to have your calendar synced vs the time spent now deleting & re-entering events. Unless you already have a million entries and never look at your google calendar on a computer, it would probably be worth it to have them synced, IMO.
    02-23-10 03:52 PM
    Not sure if this would work, but sounds reasonable

Back up everything with desktop manager. Clear your entire calendar. Install Google Sync and sync once to make sure you're connected. Then restore your backup with desktop manager. Now technically, it should read these as "new events" after google sync was installed.

Really nothing to lose except a few minutes if it doesn't work.
    02-23-10 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD