So, I'm having some issues with Google Sync.

1. I installed Google Sync on my 8330, but none of my Calendar events will sync. The Google Sync website says this:

"Please note that events that are on your BlackBerry calendar before you install and run Google Sync will not get synced. In other words, once you have installed and started running Google Sync, only events added to your BlackBerry calendar after that point will by synced to your Google Calendar."

Well, that stinks, as I had EVERYTHING already entered!

Is there any way to back up the BB Calendar, clear it out and restore it so it will sync to Google?

2. Events that I do add after installing Google Sync, don't sync correctly. Example: I had an event that reccurs every Wednesday. It shows on the Google calendar on that first Wednesday, and then every Tuesday there after. I've checked the event details and all looks correct (Occurs every week on Wed.). The only thing Google says to do is check my Time Zones which are correct...

Has anyone else had this problem?

3. I have yet to find a setting where I can choose a one-way sync (BB to Google ONLY).

Anyone know where I can set this?

Any advice on these issue would be great! Thanks in advance!

e
    07-18-09 10:25 AM
    "Please note that events that are on your BlackBerry calendar before you install and run Google Sync will not get synced. In other words, once you have installed and started running Google Sync, only events added to your BlackBerry calendar after that point will by synced to your Google Calendar."

Well, that stinks, as I had EVERYTHING already entered!...
    Believe me bro...I feel your pain.

Easy solution though.

Sync with Outlook (if you haven't already). Get Outlook Calendar sync installed, which will then sync your Outlook Calendar with Google/Calendar...NOWWW....you're set .

I haven't done anything beyond this step though hehe. I did a quick take of the Google calendar UI and I don't like it. I'm VERRRRRRRRRRRRRY much accustomed to the Outlook UI. These next few days are going to be brutal .
    07-19-09 10:08 PM
    Thanks! I'll give it a try. I did try backing up my calendar, deleting it, and restoring it, but that didn't seem to help.
    The Google calendar seems to be f***ing anything with a recurrance...and like I said, putting things on the wrong day, and then it would sync back to my BB on the wrong day. Grrrr.
    I'll try the Outlook approach and see if it works better.
    Wish me luck...
    07-21-09 08:48 AM
    Have you download the google sync apps for BB? If no, download them...

after download, Go to OPTIONS > ADVANCE OPTIONS > SERVICE BOOK

Set ur gmail.com email address [CICAL] as primary and delete other [CICAL] emails so it wont get conflict with other account in the future.

Now key in whatever event you're planning to do in your BB/googe calendar.

Send service book then battery pull and sync it with ur google sync apps in your BB. Try it. It worked for me.

p/s: ensure to set ur gmail.com email primary in your bb calendar settings..
    Last edited by sabelt; 07-21-09 at 11:32 AM.
    07-21-09 11:25 AM
    So...after a really long while of simply syncing with Outlook and putting up with the quarterly hiccup of duplicate events creation, I went with google sync.

I haven't looked back. It was amazing. Mind you I had to sync with Outlook to Google first (because google sync doesn't sync already created events with your BB...only NEWLY created ones ) but thereafter everything was grand.

Now...somehow something happened and as a result, I now have these selective 'owned by device' (or send using _______) calendar duplicate entries which have manifested, and I can't figure out how to either duplicate them as a 'owned by gmail acct event' (so that they will sync with Gmail)...or copy them over. Originally (since they're sync'd/created by the gmail sync) they're listed as 'send using username@gmail'. These new duplicate and miscellaneous entires are 'device' defaulted.

Anybody have a clue how this happened...moreover how to change this???

Also...anybody know how to selectively display the hours in the day in Gcal? I don't need to see the hours in a day from 12am - 12pm. Oi Vey.... I just need 7am-midnight. I can't find a way to hide it
    07-29-09 10:55 PM
    I have periodic problems with this too. Pfffftt.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-29-09 11:08 PM
    same here, from time to time it refuses to update/sync.

it says another sync client has been adding events to blackberry calendar. To avoid duplicates google sync will not keep these events up to date
    07-29-09 11:16 PM
    It is the same problem that resulted in the duplicate entries for Outlook. Your default calendar got whacked and in the process changed your events (either all or some) that were in that calendar to be changed to a device default.

The only think you can do is filter the device default and purge them.

For my information: does google sync ask prior to deleting entries like DM can be set to do? (That has been my biggest fear with relying on google is accidental elimination of old entries when my phone tries to reclaim memory)
    07-30-09 08:48 AM
    I've been having no luck sync'ing with Google Sync for the past 72hours or so.

Failed each time.

I even took a gamble and signed out (I didn't want to, because it says 'do you want to delete sync'd items'...wasn't sure exactly WHAT the repercussions of doing this would be...but I was becoming desperate).

Signed back in...and sadly...it STILL failed .

I'm beginning to wonder if Google sync just doesn't like working with OS 5.0 ??? Could it be? I might go back to 4.6...

Say I was desperate enough to do it...how do I delete all my BB calendar entries??
    07-31-09 09:14 PM
    ...how do I delete all my BB calendar entries??
    Use DM > Backup and Restore then click on Advanced. Once DM builds the databases on the right pane, you can then select the calendar you want and hit the Clear button. That's it.
    07-31-09 10:09 PM
    Im having an issue where entires made on my BB will NOT sync to Google, but vice versa works fine. I thought this might have something to do with having a 5.0 hybrid, but way too many other people are reporting the same issue on Google's Help Forums.

cannot sync 2 ways from blackberry calendar to google calendar - Google Mobile Help

Calendar entries initiated on Blackberry not syncing to Google Calendar - Google Mobile Help
    07-31-09 10:57 PM
    Get you Cal right in Outlook. Export it as ical. Import it into google cal. Clear your bb cal. Google Sync for bb.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-31-09 11:38 PM
    Actually, the easiest way to delete the calendar on a BB is to go into your calendar>options>'wipe' or 'rest' or something like that. I'm on a Bold with 5.0 and wipe worked.

amazing!!!
    08-01-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD