apologies if this has already been posted, but couldn't find anything specific to google calendars....

Just hooked up to google sync since I use gmail it seemed to make sense. I'd like to sync my calendar on my BB with my google calendar but it's telling me that only events added after my first sync will be added.

Is there anyway to go around this and get my BB events synced up with my google calendar?

Thanks
    08-17-09 10:04 PM
    Maybe sync everything with Outlook and then wipe the BB calendar. Then re sync with Outlook and then use Google sync. Also make sure you back up your device with BB Desktop Manager. Actually you could backup using desktop manager, wipe the device and then manually add Google Sync before restoring your device. That way everything you add from that point will be new and will get backed up to Google Calendar. Did that make sense?
    08-17-09 10:55 PM
    Yea I think so. Ill try the second option first, tomorrow morning. I appreciate your insight and ill let you know if it works!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-17-09 10:58 PM
    The other option would be to just manually add everything to your Google Calendar. Obviously if you have a ton of appointments in your calendar then it would be a royal pain.
    08-17-09 11:03 PM
    I was hoping to avoid that. I know I'm kind of going backwards here...

08-17-09 11:05 PM
    If you have access to outlook you could sync your BB to outlook then sync outlook to google calendar with this

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help
    08-17-09 11:17 PM
    If you have access to outlook you could sync your BB to outlook then sync outlook to google calendar with this

Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help
    Nice, I never knew about that. I learn something new everyday.
    08-18-09 12:11 AM
    The major flaw (in my opinion) with google calendar sync is it only goes (I believe) 120days into the future.
    08-18-09 01:30 AM
    i had a major problem w/Google Sync. After the sync, I noticed that some of my events/reminders were deleted. I purposely put the reminders in the BB Cal to see where the problem was. I ended up dumping the program and do a back up 2x/wk on DM.
    08-18-09 09:48 AM
    i had a major problem w/Google Sync. After the sync, I noticed that some of my events/reminders were deleted. I purposely put the reminders in the BB Cal to see where the problem was. I ended up dumping the program and do a back up 2x/wk on DM.
    I installed Google Sync for PC and afterwards I noticed that it advised not using it with any other sync program, (like the one for your mobile device). I noticed duplicate entries last night, so I deleted them but this morning I noticed they were there again. Not sure how to keep them from coming back, but I will investigate and try to figure it out.
    08-18-09 10:14 AM
    Most of the entries that I made on the Google calendar and then sync'ed via Google Sync do not alert on the Tour's calendar by default. I have to go in each calendar entry in the Tour and set 30 mins, 1 Hour prior etc. Is there a way to fix this?
    08-18-09 11:12 AM
    Hey guys, I tried removing all calendar appointments through DM and then syncing. Once I did this I put the events all back on, and then synced again, but it didn't recognize them as "new" events so it didn't put them on my google calendar. I'll try again but I'm pretty positive. I'll have to try syncing it to another calendar first i guess, then google....

thoughts?
    08-19-09 12:02 AM
    Make sure your default calendar and email are set to google in options that goofed me up to.

08-19-09 09:01 AM
    Is anyone having a problem with google sync not logging on? It hasn't synced since march 17 and when I try to manula sync it locks up on that screen. I tried logging off but even that takes forever.
    03-24-10 07:20 PM
    just did a gsync and had no problem. are you logged in and looking at ur contacts or calender while ur trying to sync.
    i had an issue like that before.....

if anything i would redo the entire process. i just hope u dont lose anything
    03-24-10 10:50 PM
    This whole thing makes me want to bang my head into the wall. I think I am going to go back to my paper planner *bangs head*

03-24-10 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD