I just started using google sync as the calendar for my BB storm. I was wondering, if I use the same google account on my wife's storm, will it work? Will the update that I do on my BB....that goes to the google calendar....then go to her storm? Along the same lines, will an update that I do on google go to both storms?

Thanks.
    10-13-09 04:14 PM
    Yes to all of the above.

However, it's more fun to create TWO Google Cals and set them up to share view AND updates. You can do this in the settings of the desktop version of Google Cal.

Updates made on each phone will go to each other's phones, but they'll appear in different colors which makes it easy for the person to highlight the appts that are important to them.

I believe you'll need to reinstall/update Google Sync as well, so it links up to the correct Cal. When you have it configured properly, you'll be able to choose which calendar you use at the point you're adding the appt - that way it knows what color to add that appt in, but it will be shared to ALL calendars that you allow.

This is definitely one of my fav calendar features! Hope it works for you.
    10-13-09 04:24 PM
    I want to followup on Dirtmuncher post.

The only way to get different color codings for your calendars is to physically have your email and your wife email account setup on your BB, (ie 2 Gmail accounts, not 2 calendars on 1 Gmail account). You will still have to manually login and logout of Google Sync to do the work, which really defeats the automation purpose.

From reading your post, it sounds like you have 1 Gmail account that you share with your wife. Is this correct?
    10-13-09 04:37 PM
    Sorry - leskchan is correct in that you do each need a separate Google account to do this, but since it's free, why not :-)

However, on my VZW Storm I do NOT need to login and out of Google Sync. It's always synced and has always worked flawlessly for me - even on .230.
    10-13-09 04:42 PM
    Sorry - leskchan is correct in that you do each need a separate Google account to do this, but since it's free, why not :-)

However, on my VZW Storm I do NOT need to login and out of Google Sync. It's always synced and has always worked flawlessly for me - even on .230.
    It's more of a privacy reason. I don't know if OP and his wife have separate email accounts or not. If they do, do they want to other party's emails pushed to his/her BB.

Do you use Google Sync App or the new BIS Google Sync? I use Google Sync App and it doesn't support multiple Gmail accounts, without logging out and reset your sync. I know it works with 1 Gmail account and up to 5 calendars. Am I missing an upgrade?
    Last edited by leskchan; 10-13-09 at 04:49 PM.
    10-13-09 04:47 PM
    Correct. One account right now but that was just set up for this as kind of a family account. So I could easily set up another account if I needed to.
    10-13-09 04:51 PM
    Google Sync App does not support mutliple accounts. If you try to logout of account 1 and then try to login to account 2, you will have to delete all events from account 1 first by default. This is not the way to it.

Try to logout of your Google Sync App, it will warn you the same. You don't actually do it.
    10-13-09 04:54 PM
    By the way.....privacy isn't a big issue here. We both would still have our other 'primary' accounts that would be used for regular emailing.

Thanks for the info. I think I'll go with one account for now and see how it works. The different colors would be nice but not absolutely necessary. Thanks again.
    10-13-09 04:58 PM
    A single 'shared' calendar account is how the wore and I do it. Works great. The only real benefit tp separate accounts sharing the same calendar is to separate notifications.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-09 05:13 PM
    I have a question for you. I have two storms (my wifes and mine) being sync with google calendar in order to share calendars. My wife's calendars does not sync up to her PC google calendar. It does sync down to her storm if she creates an event on her PC google calendar. help?
    10-16-09 07:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD