I'm running BB OS 4.5.0.110, and i just downloaded Google Sync yesterday and continue to get this error message.

"Please try again later, if the problem persists try signing out of sync and signing in again."

I've done the sign in/out thing with no luck. It syncs my contacts without a problem, but always fails on the calender. anyone know how to fix this, or has anyone experienced the same problem?
    03-27-09 12:48 PM
    Remove Google Sync application and reinstall. I did it the other day when having problems. After re installed it worked fine
    03-27-09 12:59 PM
    Same errors...i've tried this numerous times even with the old OS...are there some settings i may be missing?
    03-27-09 01:28 PM
    Silly question but I am good at them...... Have you verified that under options>advanced options>default services> you calendar is set to the address you are trying to sync with GS?

Figured yester18's suggestion would work.....
    03-27-09 01:30 PM
    That did it...i never added that email to my list because i liked the gmail app...looks like it was my mistake.

Last question. Can the calender on my BB upload to my Google calender, or does it just work from the Google calender to my BB?
    03-27-09 01:46 PM
    That did it...i never added that email to my list because i liked the gmail app...looks like it was my mistake.

Last question. Can the calender on my BB upload to my Google calender, or does it just work from the Google calender to my BB?

Glad it worked for ya

It will not get what was on the calendar prior to the install of GS only everything afterwards.
    03-27-09 01:55 PM
    It goes both ways when using Google Sync.

Edit: See above.
    03-27-09 01:57 PM
    Awesome...thanks for your help
    03-27-09 01:58 PM
    i just downloaded Google Sync yesterday and continue to get this error message.

"Please try again later, if the problem persists try signing out of sync and signing in again."

I've done the sign in/out thing with no luck. It syncs my contacts without a problem, but always fails on the calender. anyone know how to fix this, or has anyone experienced the same problem?
    I, too, continue to receive the same error.
    I downloaded Google sync the other day and have received the error each and every time.

Things I've done to troubleshoot:
    I have ensured that under options>advanced options>default services> my calendar is set to the address I'm trying to sync with Google Sync.
    I've uninstalled and re-installed the app.
    I've signed out of Google Sync and then back in to Google Sync.

I'm running OS 4.5.0.138 on my 8830.
    Google Sync version: 0.5.15 (1017)

Thoughts or suggestions?
    Thank you.
    Last edited by CurveDave; 09-20-09 at 04:26 PM.
    09-20-09 04:21 PM
    I figured I'd give it a gentle bump since it's been about 24 hours.
    Thanks for your time.
    09-21-09 07:19 PM
    Sync will not (to the best of my knowledge) pick up items on the bb calendar prior to the initial sync.

The tasks app available on the BB browser is the "basic" version. Advanced version only available to iPhone and Andriod handsets. Still useful, but kind of a bummer to be a second class citizen for handsets the best carrier doesn't even offer.
    09-22-09 10:00 AM
    I, too, continue to receive the same error.
    I downloaded Google sync the other day and have received the error each and every time.

Things I've done to troubleshoot:
    I have ensured that under options>advanced options>default services> my calendar is set to the address I'm trying to sync with Google Sync.
    I've uninstalled and re-installed the app.
    I've signed out of Google Sync and then back in to Google Sync.

I'm running OS 4.5.0.138 on my 8830.
    Google Sync version: 0.5.15 (1017)

Thoughts or suggestions?
    Thank you.
    I am having this exact same problem. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks!
    09-22-09 05:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD