It does work! For what it's worth, I don't use Gmail, only outlook, but I needed to create a Gmail account in order to sync my outlook calendar with my Kindle Fire HD. Since I don't use my Kindle for emails from my Outlook account (already have Outlook emails, etc syncing to my desk top computer, netbook and BB Torch and didn't need hundreds of emails a day coming into my Kindle as well) but I still needed to get my oulook calendar on the Kindle. I had to open a Gmail account on my tablet/desktop, and then after a huge amount of research, figured out how to sync my outlook automatically to my Kindle via Google Sync. Wow--lot of explanation!
    Anyway back to topic, I started getting the Google sync message two days ago that it wasn't working but it actually was! It's been syncing every 30 mins like clockwork and now no longer shows the error message. I don't know what's going on but the message is gone and its continued to sync. Not sure if this info will help anyone or not, but wanted to share what's happening with my google sync and how I have it set up. Thanks and hope this helps!
    Interesting. Could you please clarify whether the Google Sync that is working for you is the Android version on your kindle or the BB version on your Torch? If it's the BB version, could you please share your setup so that we can try to replicate it. I've been trying to manually sync ever since it went down, but no luck, so I finally gave up and went to plan B.
    12-18-12 05:22 PM
    Interesting. Could you please clarify whether the Google Sync that is working for you is the Android version on your kindle or the BB version on your Torch? If it's the BB version, could you please share your setup so that we can try to replicate it. I've been trying to manually sync ever since it went down, but no luck, so I finally gave up and went to plan B.
    Hi Deltact: it is the android version on my Kindle Fire. I only use MS OfficeOutlook for emails as it is my business and person address. I have Office/outlook installed on my desktop and I have that outlook email address on my BB-9810 and netbook as my email account.
    I wanted a caledar only on my Kindle but without side loading outlook calendar (if that can even be done) the only way I could do it was to open a Gmail account on my Kindle and then download Google calendar from the web to my DESKTOP PC.

Kindle came with a calendar but when I put Gmail on the kindle I got that option. I went on a kindle forum (or maybe Google) like this and found instructions on how to set it up to sync from outlook to Google calendar. I did it and it worked and is still working--outlook to Google only.

I'll look for the insturctions and hopefully I kept them and post here if I find them. That said, I think you just download Google calendar and once it's on your PC, set up the sync from Outlook to Google (or whatever configuration you want) or Gmail to Google-- and then when you load it on your other devices it should work. It was confusing at first to me as I have never used Google in any form other than search and maps--but they play well with MS Outlook so I hope this helps a little. Sorry I'm not more help but someone on here will jump on and be of help, I'm sure. Good luck and keep us posted.
    12-18-12 06:53 PM
    The worst part about this is I attempted to reconfigure Google sync on my BB9000 and it wiped the calendar and contacts on the phone to try and re-sync :/

Anyone know of a good way to export my Android / Google contacts to a format I can import them on to my phone in at least?
    (Yes, I run 2 phones)
    02-08-13 11:56 PM
    I have a solution!

System details: Blackberry Bold 9930 on Verizon, Blackberry Desktop Manager 7, Windows 7 with Outlook 2010, and Google

My goal was to export all my blackberry contacts (400+) to Google. I spent about 4 hours researching but have arrived at a complicated but functional workaround:

step 1: sync blackberry using the desktop manager software. you must configure it to sync with windows contacts, since there is no support for outlook 2010.

step 2: once you have synced with windows contacts, open windows live, then click on the contacts folder. pressing alt while in the contacts folder will bring up the menu, which allows you to export all of the contacts at a .csv file.

step 3: import to google. this is the easy part. go to gmail, then contacts, then import the .csv file.

and you should have it. I managed to at least make a backup of my extensive contact list to Google. Sorry I couldn't find anything else, but I hope this helps. email me at [email protected] if you have any questions
    05-01-13 12:27 AM
29 12