Question...

Does the Google Sync App need to be running or once you to the set up can you close it?

-E
    07-21-09 02:49 PM
    You can set it up to sync automatically or set it to "manual."
    Last edited by crackberryfan; 07-22-09 at 07:59 AM.
    07-21-09 03:04 PM
    You can set it to auto and it will sync for you. This is a great app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-21-09 03:50 PM
    If you have set to auto sync you need it on. If it is set to manual you can close it.
    07-21-09 03:54 PM
    I love this little app, it allows me to sync my work calendar wirelessly! I only have had a few minor problems, but I think that is due to network issues not the app itself. If you have a gmail account this is a must have.
    07-21-09 05:22 PM
    If you have set to auto sync you need it on. If it is set to manual you can close it.
    Not quite. I have mine set to auto and I don't ever run Google Sync on the foreground yet my contacts and calendar entries get synced up just fine.
    07-21-09 08:11 PM
    Yep if you have the app open you can press BB Key -> Close and it will not affect the app at all, no matter what your settings.
    07-21-09 08:36 PM
    Not quite. I have mine set to auto and I don't ever run Google Sync on the foreground yet my contacts and calendar entries get synced up just fine.
    Hmm do you have it set to update when you start your storm? I should play around with this app more. Thanks
    07-21-09 08:55 PM
    Yep, does not have to be in the foreground. I haven't "opened" it in over a month and my calendar and contacts get updated periodically all day. You can open the app and check the status of the last update to figure out how often it updates. Also, my calendar changes on a daily basis so I would be pissed if it didn't update periodically throughout the day.
    07-21-09 09:14 PM
    Yes after initial setup I close the app and never open it again and everything seems to sync just fine. Its an amazingly useful app. Especially for wiping phone.. I don't have to back up my contacts anymore, just reload app on the phone and have it sync back up.
    07-21-09 11:19 PM
    Is this app really necessary if you have the option to sync through your email options setup in your BIS account? I have read that it is not needed if you have your gmail account sync option checked off to do so. The only problem is that none of my contacts or calendar entries have sync'ed without me going through this app to do so. I am doing something wrong?
    11-25-10 11:11 PM
    I just realized that syncing through the BIS with Gmail has a major flaw. All street address information for all 800+ contacts is gone. It still has the city, state, and zip but no street address. I am going back to using Gsync.
    12-03-10 08:52 PM
    Do others have this problem?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-04-10 06:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD