For some reason every time I go to the link to download the sync it wont let me.

Does it not work on 5.0.0.130??? This is my first time trying to do this.

Help!
    08-12-09 10:13 PM
    Probably since it's pre-release
    08-12-09 10:19 PM
    Are you able to?

Can someone post the DIRECT link to download it? The step right before you press ok or run. Just the download page!!!

Thanks!
    08-12-09 10:22 PM
    It might be that the 5.0.0.130 is not compatible with Google Sync, i have it on my 8900 (.250) and it works flawlessly.
    08-13-09 09:55 AM
    So am I....OS 5 should be problem man..
    08-13-09 10:18 AM
    Can't expect everything to work with a BETA OS.
    08-13-09 10:25 AM
    It might be that the 5.0.0.130 is not compatible with Google Sync, i have it on my 8900 (.250) and it works flawlessly.
    Google Sync works fine IF you can get it onto your BB. Right now there is no working direct link to the app, and normal OTA downloads from Google are not possible with the 5.0 browser.
    08-14-09 05:28 PM
    5.0 looks to be the problem here because I have Google Sync on my 8900 running .250 and it works great.
    08-14-09 05:30 PM
    3rd party apps must be written specifically for this new OS... there are significant differences between OS 4.6 and OS 5.0 that all apps will need to be rewritten.
    08-14-09 05:48 PM
    One word: Beta.
    08-14-09 06:44 PM
    i get the same thing help????????????????????????????? lol
    08-14-09 06:52 PM
    I swear by two things on my BB....google sync and OS .250......and TWINS!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-15-09 03:59 AM
    I swear by two things on my BB....google sync and OS .250......and TWINS!!!

If you use Google Sync, are there any compatibility issues if you continue to also sync your 8900 with Microsoft Outlook via the DM? I need to continue to keep my contacts and calendar updated in Outlook on my computer.

08-15-09 12:49 PM
    If you use Google Sync, are there any compatibility issues if you continue to also sync your 8900 with Microsoft Outlook via the DM? I need to continue to keep my contacts and calendar updated in Outlook on my computer.

Nope, no compatibility issues at all. I keep Outlook as the main sync because Google doesn't sync tasks or notes.
    08-15-09 02:01 PM
    Nope, no compatibility issues at all. I keep Outlook as the main sync because Google doesn't sync tasks or notes.
    I tried Google Sync when it was first released. I tried it again today. Now I remember why I didn't like it before.

After I downloaded Google Sync and tried to sync my calendar and contacts, it destroyed my calendar and contacts. It re-creates multiple events of the same appointment and totally makes a mess of my calendar and contacts databases. I had to immediately remove it again. Has taken me 3 hours to restore my calendar and contacts on Outlook and my 8900. In general, I love Google but this Google Sync is a POS and has never worked properly on any computer or phone device I use.

Google Sync = Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware). Once again trying Google Sync, I have been badly burned.

08-15-09 06:35 PM
    I tried Google Sync when it was first released. I tried it again today. Now I remember why I didn't like it before.

After I downloaded Google Sync and tried to sync my calendar and contacts, it destroyed my calendar and contacts. It re-creates multiple events of the same appointment and totally makes a mess of my calendar and contacts databases. I had to immediately remove it again. Has taken me 3 hours to restore my calendar and contacts on Outlook and my 8900. In general, I love Google but this Google Sync is a POS and has never worked properly on any computer or phone device I use.

Google Sync = Caveat Emptor (let the buyer beware). Once again trying Google Sync, I have been badly burned.

Oh, I'm too lazy to sync Google Calendar. I'm not a big fan of having calendar like that. I like to have my calendar available when I can't access the Internet. I just let Google sync contacts and that's about it but it does a messy job at that even.
    08-15-09 07:27 PM
    ya I love google sync, it does some stupid stuff by replacing the data on a device with the server but if you dont have anything on your device to start with its great and has nothing to overwrite.

and to the person above me you can still see your calandar when its offline, you just might not have the new info and then you just open sync and it will be the same data
    08-16-09 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD