Have any of you gotten Google Sync to work with the Storm 2? I can't get mine to work, and I am lost without being able to sync my Google calendar with my phone. Help!
    11-11-09 09:49 PM
    working fine for me
    11-11-09 11:28 PM
    only my contacts will sync. the calendar sync has never worked on my s2 or s1. I don't know why.
    11-11-09 11:32 PM
    The calendar doesn't want to sync for me either, but the contacts do sync which is most important (to me).

I haven't tried logging out and back in yet, though. It says I should try that.
    11-12-09 12:25 AM
    I finally got it to work after messing with it for the last week or two. I deleted all my calendar entries, deleted sync, reinstalled. Before trying to sync I created my complete calendar on google and then tried to sync. It worked fine. It sync'd my contacts with just a few hiccups (less than 5 out of 250).

Edit - wanted to add make sure to disable compatibility mode.
    11-12-09 01:16 AM
    I got it to work well with the Storm 1, but I can't click on any of the drop-downs with the Storm 2. I used the desktop manager to sync my calendar, but it didn't bring over the alarm alerts, which I definitely need. It's a pain to go back and add them to each event, especially when I have up to 9 events a day.

How do you disable the compatibility mode? Like I said, any time I tried to click on an option, it wouldn't let me. I'm sure it mainly has to do with the fact that it's not compatible with the software update to 5, but I desperately need it!
    11-12-09 02:53 PM
    Works fine for me, never had a problem on S1 or S2 on any OS version.

If it's in compatibility mode (meaning keyboard is always on, looks like blue bars are on the sides) disable it. Go to Options > Applications > Google Sync - don't click Google Sync, just tap/highlight it. BB Menu > Disable Compatibility Mode.

My default calendar is my @gmail.com account calendar. So Google Sync uses that and syncs the two Google calendars I want with my BB, no problems.
    11-12-09 03:01 PM
    ArizonaGuy - THANK YOU!!! I couldn't get rid of the darn keyboard.

My calendar is at my gmail.com account, so hopefully I can get this working on the S2. Thanks for the tip!
    11-12-09 03:22 PM
    Have any of you gotten Google Sync to work with the Storm 2? I can't get mine to work, and I am lost without being able to sync my Google calendar with my phone. Help!
    works awesomely with my S2.
    11-12-09 03:26 PM
    Haven't had any problems. Have you tried looking at your permissions for the app? Maybe uninstall/reinstall?
    11-12-09 03:36 PM
    ArizonaGuy beat me to it.

I did want to pass on some advice regarding another Google Sync issue I ran into, in case it's affecting anyone else.

I'm not sure why, but on my first contact sync I ended up with some contacts that were listed last name then first and also as first name then last (e.g., Smith, Joe and Joe Smith.) For some reason, this created havoc my first few syncs. It would create multiple entries for each contact both in Gmail contacts and on the device. It was driving me crazy until I finally figured out what was wrong. I had to go through and manually delete from both the device AND Gmail Contacts every single instance where the contact was entered as last name then first name, and then delete all but a single entry for each person in the first name then last name format. I was apparently not careful enough the first couple times, because it took me a good 3 tries to get them all, but since I finally got it all cleaned up everything has been fine. Don't know if anyone else is running into this issue, but wanted to share just in case.

Best of luck
    Last edited by TrekkieMonster; 11-12-09 at 03:47 PM.
    11-12-09 03:43 PM
    Well, something big that's happening is that it's not syncing my alarms that I have set up, and it worked with the S1. This is huge, so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm trying a BBDM sync with my calendar to see if it picks up the alarms I have set there. Alarms are showing on my Google calendar, so I'm not sure why they aren't syncing over to the BB.
    11-12-09 07:28 PM
    Well crap, no alarms with BBDM sync either. What the heck?! I need my event alarms. What am I doing wrong? Google Sync worked fine with S1, alarms and all.
    11-12-09 07:30 PM
    Google sung works absolutely fine on my s2

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-09 07:33 PM
    What I've noticed is that I have three "calendars" - Blackberry, hotmail and Google (Gmail). The Google Sync application will only sync my hotmail calendar, even if hotmail is NOT set as the default calendar in Options > Advanced > Default Services. I've tried setting all 3 as the default and tested all 3 out with 3 different appointments, and every single time, regardless of which was the default, only my appointments made using my "Hotmail" calendar was synced over to my Google Calender.

Furthermore, the enhanced Gmail plugin SUCKS! I have been unable to get that thing to sync my contacts completely and successfully. It either duplicates some entries (sometimes makes 4 or 5 dups) or completely omits others. Some info is missing (and not info that isn't compatible), I've had email address and Phone numbers missing, but the contact name appearing. I've even gone to the lengths of completely wiping both the contacts off of the Storm (and tried syncing from Google from scratch) and then wiped off of Google (and tried the sync that way), but I get the same darn problems. SO FRUSTRATING!!

Google Sync is a little better, but it still duplicates some entries and omits others, anybody know why? This is so annoying!
    11-12-09 09:17 PM
    One issue that I'm having on Storm 2 that I didnt have on Storm 1 ....

Is that I'll add events to my calendar on Storm 2, but they wont sync to Google...
    A few minutes later, I'll notice that the event that I added on my Storm 2 Calendar is gone.

But if I add an even directly to Google Calendar, it will add to Storm 2 a few minutes later...

Annoying.

I'm trying a delete and restore.
    11-23-09 12:25 PM
    I have mine working but it keeps wanting to add duplicate entries. So, basically, there are two of every entry. Annoying!
    11-23-09 12:34 PM
    I have only synced my contacts.
    11-23-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD