I had similar issues with contacts getting scrambled (wrong phone, address, multiple copies of contacts, etc.). I found it was happening with contacts that were also in the Facebook app. I ended up turning off contact sync in google sync and the Facebook app and only using the bis contact sync and haven't had anymore issues. The BIS sync seems to be more accurate than the google sync

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-04-09 02:32 PM
    I am concerned that doing what is suggested in "clearing the calendar either on DM or not using DM" that all my Emails, contacts and calendar will be deleted........is that correct? If yes, how easy is it to get them back?

Some things I am comfortable doing on my BB but this makes me uneasy as I can't afford not to have my emails, contacts and calendar.

I did delete the Google Sync I had and downloaded it again from a link here in the BB OTA links......upon the reboot I got this error message: "Terminated Google Syne has been denied, "Cross Application Communication" permission.

Thanks for all your help....I really do appreciate it and hope I can get my Storm fully working again very soon.........the only good thing I can see so far with this new update is that my memory stays at 37-39 where before it had serious memory issues.
    If you do a back up of your Storm you will have all your calendar and contacts stored in there. It shouldn't be an issue.
    11-04-09 02:33 PM
    I am concerned that doing what is suggested in "clearing the calendar either on DM or not using DM" that all my Emails, contacts and calendar will be deleted........is that correct? If yes, how easy is it to get them back?
    you have one of two ways to do this:
    backup the phone, do a security wipe, restore everything except the calendar

or use DM to just wipe the calendar databases.

6 of one, half dozen of the other. same result

Some things I am comfortable doing on my BB but this makes me uneasy as I can't afford not to have my emails, contacts and calendar.
    if you do a backup first, you won't lose anything. they might be temporarily removed from the phone if you do it wrong, but you can always restore at any time to get everything back to where it was before.

I did delete the Google Sync I had and downloaded it again from a link here in the BB OTA links......upon the reboot I got this error message: "Terminated Google Syne has been denied, "Cross Application Communication" permission.
    download it from the google mobile site, it should be in the pre-loaded bookmarks at the top of the bookmarks page. once on that site, there is a link at the top that says "more" then choose the "sync" link from there....that way you know where it's coming from, and it's the current software version, etc.

Thanks for all your help....I really do appreciate it and hope I can get my Storm fully working again very soon.........the only good thing I can see so far with this new update is that my memory stays at 37-39 where before it had serious memory issues.
    if you're confused on anything don't hesitate to email me. address is in my signature.
    11-04-09 04:28 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD