Sorry ... another question for you. If you are in google sync on the BB, what happens when you do the BB button then "Options"? When I do that, exactly nothing happens - google sync just returns to the screen it was displaying before I pressed "Options".
    Storm OS 4.7.0.75
    G-Sync 0.5.12 (1017)

Options brings me to a page to select how to sync (manually or automatic) as well as whether or not to sync contacts and then calenders (also which calenders)

My only issue is that I have two google calenders and it snycs both to the device default calender (my personal e-mail addy) despite most of the events being from my work e-mail addy...working as intended, just wish it was different.
    12-04-08 08:00 AM
    Storm OS 4.7.0.75
    G-Sync 0.5.12 (1017)
    Well, crap. You have the exact same version numbers so it must not like the information I have in my contacts. I'm going from the Palm Desktop on my PC (with Agendus) -> CompanionLink (on PC to sync with web) -> Google Contacts -> google sync -> BB Contacts.

I've been using Agendus for years so some of the special codes it uses must be the issue.
    12-04-08 08:06 AM
    Well, crap. You have the exact same version numbers so it must not like the information I have in my contacts. I'm going from the Palm Desktop on my PC (with Agendus) -> CompanionLink (on PC to sync with web) -> Google Contacts -> google sync -> BB Contacts.

I've been using Agendus for years so some of the special codes it uses must be the issue.
    It's possible...but I'd imagine once they hit google they are pretty standard. I would try removing all your google contacts and manually entering one to see if it works...if it doesn't then you've got some other issue...
    12-04-08 08:12 AM
    ... Also, my gmail icon on the Storm insists it has one unread message although there are no messages for gmail on the Storm or via web gmail. Guess I need to search for that one!
    BTW - I deleted and re-did my gmail account on BlackBerry's web site. That resolved my permanent one new message issue.
    12-04-08 08:15 AM
    Is anybody else getting told to try again later, and if problem persists, try signing out of sync and signing in again.

I am just trying to sync my calendar.

I am running v 0.5.11 (1017) on a Storm OS .65
    12-04-08 08:19 AM
    Is anybody else getting told to try again later, and if problem persists, try signing out of sync and signing in again.
    hehe ... yeah, you may want to read the thread. That's sort of what it's about.
    12-04-08 08:30 AM
    hehe ... yeah, you may want to read the thread. That's sort of what it's about.
    Sorry! Should have been more specific. I'm just trying to do a calendar sync and not contacts. I can get nothing to sync at all. Does Google sync handle calendar and contacts differently? I've tried deleting and app and reinstalling but still no luck....
    12-04-08 08:34 AM
    To get GSync working with my calendar... I had to delete ALL BIS accounts (even my [email protected]) except for the one Gmail account I wanted to sync calendar with.

Install GSync and run it, let it sync.

The re-setup my other BIS accounts, including [email protected].

If I did it any other way, my contacts would sync fine, and Gmail's calendar entries would come down to the BB, but appoinments created/modified/deleted on the BB calendar would not sync to Gmail calendar no matter what I tried.
    12-04-08 08:47 AM
    To get GSync working with my calendar... I had to delete ALL BIS accounts (even my [email protected]) except for the one Gmail account I wanted to sync calendar with.

Install GSync and run it, let it sync.

The re-setup my other BIS accounts, including [email protected].

If I did it any other way, my contacts would sync fine, and Gmail's calendar entries would come down to the BB, but appoinments created/modified/deleted on the BB calendar would not sync to Gmail calendar no matter what I tried.
    You need to set your default calender to the same one as your gsync account...then it works fine...by deleting all your other BIS accounts you essentially did the same thing...but you can just do it from the calender options menu
    12-04-08 09:04 AM
    You need to set your default calender to the same one as your gsync account...then it works fine...by deleting all your other BIS accounts you essentially did the same thing...but you can just do it from the calender options menu
    I don't see where I can change the default calendar under the options menu. Could you explain where it is located? I'm on BIS if that makes a difference.
    12-04-08 12:17 PM
    I was having trouble with GoogleSync on the Storm until I ugraded GoogleSync to the latest version. Now it's fine.
    12-04-08 12:36 PM
    I recently synced my google calendar on my curve. The current month was fine but it didn't sync anything after that. After some hair pulling, I discovered that in the options menu on google sync that it only syncs four weeks by default. You can change that to up to 24 weeks. Thought this might help some of you!
    12-04-08 02:22 PM
    Sorry! Should have been more specific. I'm just trying to do a calendar sync and not contacts. I can get nothing to sync at all. Does Google sync handle calendar and contacts differently? I've tried deleting and app and reinstalling but still no luck....
    I am getting the same problem syncing my calender. I checked google's help and they said there is a problem with syncing on the storm. Was just wondering if anyone else found a solution to this?
    12-06-08 11:30 AM
    My Google Sync on my BB 8830 all of a sudden has stopped syncing my calendar. I didn't make any changes to any settings and I've uninstalled and reinstalled google sync 3 times. Still not synching. I've been trying now to sign in to google sync and it hangs for several minutes then says login expired, please log in again.
    12-06-08 08:16 PM
    I've been using Google sync since 11/22. No problems, but I'm only using the calendar. The install was pretty brainless, didn't really have to think about any setup.
    12-06-08 08:21 PM
    I've been using Google sync since 11/22. No problems, but I'm only using the calendar. The install was pretty brainless, didn't really have to think about any setup.
    Thanks for calling me 'pretty' but I have been using only calendar too. It was working perfectly on my pearl but since I got the storm it seems to not work. It keeps asking me to logon then I get a lockout.
    12-06-08 08:57 PM
    Thanks, but I had already tried that becaue of the posts/comments in Google's groups.

I tried setting from both Calendar options, as well as {home screen} -> Options -> Advanced -> Default Services.

It didn't work, which is why I ended up deleting the BIS accounts.

BTW, I had the same problem with my T-Mobile Curve/8320 and my GF's VZW Pearl/8130
    12-07-08 09:45 AM
    I'm trying to sync for the first time- it keeps saying that the servers certificate is not trusted? What does that mean?
    12-07-08 10:16 AM
    New guy here - no luck with syncing multiple cals. Really missing Oggsync on my Q - time to email them and see if they are doing BB development.
    12-08-08 07:50 AM
    Looks like Google might have updated it (Google Sync and Google Mobile Search for BlackBerry updated (BlackBerry Bytes) | BlackBerry Cool).

I haven't tried the new one yet but it's worth another download for those of us still having problems!
    12-08-08 07:54 AM
    Thanks for calling me 'pretty' but I have been using only calendar too. It was working perfectly on my pearl but since I got the storm it seems to not work. It keeps asking me to logon then I get a lockout.
    Funny but after I posted this reply I updated my software and now it works! I don't know if that was the reason or if Google fixed it.
    12-08-08 10:12 AM
    Didn't mean anything by it, in other words, I wasn't referring to you as pretty although I bet you are! I just meant for me it has been working and I didn't really have to think about it!
    12-08-08 10:22 AM
    My issue with calendar sync is that it gives me multiple appointments, even though I'm only syncing with gcal. How do I fix this? I've tried all kinds of things to no avail. I changed the option for the default calendar but the multiple appointments show up. I click off of "show all" to the default (or the others) but when I go out of calendar and back in they all come up again. Can't figure it out.
    12-08-08 10:54 AM
    Question: I have google sync and there is an automatic option. When that is set, does google sync need to be continually running in the background, or does it sync automatically every so often?
    12-08-08 12:22 PM
    Question: I have google sync and there is an automatic option. When that is set, does google sync need to be continually running in the background, or does it sync automatically every so often?
    It runs in the background. I think it sync's every two hours but I haven't confirmed that by my own testing.
    12-09-08 08:53 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD