Let me start with, this may have already been posted somewhere, but if it was, I haven't seen it and didn't find anything on it. so here goes nothing....

I just saw that there was an update to google sync recently, it's on 0.5.12 now. I downloaded and upgraded to the new version and so far it seems like all the issues I was personally have are resolved.

I kept having problems with information not showing up (IE some contacts it would not show me / associate their phone numbers to their entry in my address book after syncing). I sync'd with my gmail contacts, and tested by making changes from the BB and from gmail and syncing again, I rebooted and sync'd again, i've added and deleted users from it and everything is working great.

I don't know if this will resolve everybody's issues that were coming up before with contact's syncing on gmail but I thought for those that didn't know it was out there it might be helpfull
    12-16-08 02:17 PM
    Awesome! Thanks for the update.
    12-16-08 02:23 PM
    i had downloaded google sync(dont know wat ver0 and it always froze my device...so i got rid of it..
    12-16-08 02:27 PM
    i had downloaded google sync(dont know wat ver0 and it always froze my device...so i got rid of it..
    From what I could tell on the support thread I got my info through, it came out in the last couple days maybe? Not 100% they don't show version's or when it was released or anything, but there were several new posts last day or two about it working a bit better.
    12-16-08 02:32 PM
    i like google..it just kept freezing up my device...and i saw it on some forums that google was cause it..as soon ideleted the app..ieverything working ok...ill try it again
    12-16-08 02:52 PM
    I think this version has been out for a while. Still doesn't seem to sync contacts properly for most users.
    12-16-08 02:54 PM
    true and the calendar events wouldnt xer either...if they can fix the bugs it would be a cool app...
    12-16-08 02:57 PM
    I think this version has been out for a while. Still doesn't seem to sync contacts properly for most users.
    This is a newer version since last Friday when I checked. (.11)
    12-16-08 03:00 PM
    I can't seem to find a link to download google sync...can someone plz provide this for me?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 03:06 PM
    You'll have to download the Google Mobile App. from your BB browser (OTA)
    Google Mobile App.
    12-16-08 03:09 PM
    Sweet thank you! Hopefully this update will work for me without creating dups ; D

12-16-08 03:11 PM
    I can't seem to find a link to download google sync...can someone plz provide this for me?

m.google.com/sync

as for me .12 which I am using for a week now syncs contacts perfectly...finally!!!
    12-16-08 03:12 PM
    great to know. I had this before and ended being frustrated w/ my calender not updating and my contacts being either deleted or duplicated...I have high hopes for this one and hope I get the same results as you!

12-16-08 03:22 PM
    I have only had my BB for about a month. I downloaded Google Sync shortly after getting it.

My contacts are not duplicated on my device, but my Gmail contacts are not all synced back to my BB. I have way more contacts in Gmail that are not on my BB, and I want all of them to be on my BB. How do I get this to happen?

I had version .11 and just downloaded .12 and sync'd, and there is no change on my device.
    12-16-08 03:24 PM
    FYI - you can also access this via the iGoogle site on your PC. I know, some of you are saying "well duh" but, for those of you who didn't know you can go to Google and click on the iGoogle text. Use your gmail account to log on and add the calendar and/or contacts gadget (and MANY others). If you haven't already done so, the iGoogle PC app is absolutley fantastic. I use it as my FireFox home page.
    12-16-08 03:28 PM
    Working great so far!

12-16-08 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD