I am using Sprint BB8330. The google search bar showed up automatically under the URL box every time I used the browser. Now I switched to Sprint and can't figure out how to get it back. Thanks!
    05-27-10 03:58 AM
    Open Browser. (Browser) Options > Browser Configuration > Start Page: Start Page
    05-27-10 06:44 AM
    Thanks but that's a search page, I may as well bookmark google.com. I'm looking for the search bar that automatically appears each time I select "Go to".
    05-27-10 12:21 PM
    Like ttfm explained, but right below start page you can select your default search provider. Am I missing something?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-10 01:37 PM
    Like ttfm explained, but right below start page you can select your default search provider. Am I missing something? Do you even have a search bar in your default browser? If so, who does it show.

05-27-10 01:38 PM
    In my default browser, if click menu, GO TO, it brings up the start page. I can then see the URL address field, under neath that is the google search bar, and under that are my bookmarks and history.

What are you referring to? I have sprint / 8330.
    05-27-10 01:45 PM
    Let's try this again.

Open Browser. Press Menu button. Select Options. Select Browser Configuration. Change Start Page to "Start Page." The next item is Default Search Provider. You can change this to something other than Google.

Then close your browser and reopen. You should see the address bar at the top. Right under it is the search box. The default search provider is whatever you chose in Browser Configuration. Under the search box you should see the most recent Bookmarks that you used.
    05-27-10 02:32 PM

Open Browser. Press Menu button. Select Options. Select Browser Configuration. Change Start Page to "Start Page." The next item is Default Search Provider. You can change this to something other than Google.
    Wow, crazy, I went through that and there is no "Default Search Provider." After that it goes to "home Page Address". I wonder if I have a super old OS? v 4.3.0.127
    05-27-10 06:43 PM
    Yeah, your OS is super old. Upgrade at minimum to 4.5.x.x.
    05-27-10 11:31 PM
    Ok I just got a new Bold from Verizon 9650! When I select 'Start Page' I don't get the option for a search provider and my 'Go to' screen does not have a search box.

Thoughts on how to get one?
    06-11-10 06:58 AM
    I too have been frustrated by this. I have a Bold 9700 through T-Mobile. I called their support department and they actually explained to me that SOME variants of Blackberry's have the "Default Search" option missing completely for some unknown reasons.

The support rep explained to me that on his own Bold device, the Search Default option is missing, but one of the test units he grabbed has the option and explained that it was a slightly older test unit. He said the only way to fix was to send me a replacement Blackberry because it had something to do with the internal firmware of the unit and there was no other way to fix.

Received my "older" replacement unit in the mail today, and guess what? STILL no Search Default option available.

This is irritating and frustrating.
    08-28-10 03:48 PM
    Ok I just got a new Bold from Verizon 9650! When I select 'Start Page' I don't get the option for a search provider and my 'Go to' screen does not have a search box.

Thoughts on how to get one?
    You only get bing on Verizon.

08-28-10 04:38 PM
    That sucks. Bing is the most unintuitive search engine ever. Imo.
    08-28-10 05:36 PM
    I just make google my home page.

08-28-10 06:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD