When I first got my BB I don't remember if I went to google or downloaded the app that is on the phone.

Either way I can't see street view which ever way I view it now.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

Thx
    08-11-09 07:55 AM
    Once on street, hit menu scroll down to street view. i know it works I just used it last night.....
    08-11-09 08:21 AM
    Using it now! works just fine. I click the trackball and it gives me the address. I scroll down from there to street view. Working well for me.
    08-11-09 08:27 AM
    It isn't working for me, either. And I'm looking at streets where there were views before.

EDIT: In my case, the cause was User Error. I was failing to click on the street. Doing that brings up the balloon menu that includes Street View.
    08-11-09 08:30 AM
    OK, please walk me through this.

I don't use the map icon that's on the phone, it looks like that one is just a map program (not google).

I have only two other icons in the download folder.
    1 says Google Mobile App
    The other says Google maps.

Is this a problem here? Did I download maybe the full Google version and now it's causing a conflict between the two apps?

Should I delete one and move the correct one out of that download folder to save the extra step to click on the icon?

I would think the correct one is "Google Mobile App"?
    Last edited by expidia; 08-11-09 at 08:56 AM.
    08-11-09 08:51 AM
    I'm not sure what "Google Mobile App" is. Maybe a launcher. What you want is Google Maps. The current version as of yesterday is 3.0.2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 05:48 PM
    I'm not sure what "Google Mobile App" is. Maybe a launcher. What you want is Google Maps. The current version as of yesterday is 3.0.2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Thx for your response Jeff.
    I had deleted both to start fresh. I downloaded the version you suggested directly from Google mobile for the Blackberry.

After running the latest version I finally figured out why I was not getting the street view.

Seems when I went to look at my son's house over in the next town his house said "no street view available".

But when I go into the regular Google on my laptop his house comes up???

I know I've viewed his house before on the BB right after I first got it a few weeks ago.

That's why I thought there was an issue with street view because I was always trying to view only his house.

My guess is it's a neighborhood Google maps issue for street view. Probably a temporary thing.

Thx again!
    08-11-09 09:15 PM
    Easy answer, ... sometimes the google guys may delete a (former) street view.

You will, however be able to see a satellite view 'cause some guy ('big brother') upstairs is controlling the camera.
    Last edited by mandony; 08-11-09 at 10:25 PM.
    08-11-09 10:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD