Any word on whether Blackberry will get Google Navigator anytime soon? I used the app on one of my buddies Android phones and it really is a huge improvement having turn by turn directions on your phone. Plus the app is free.

Any rumors out there if the app is coming out for other devices anytime soon?

------------------
    The BlueDot pays top dollar for your used cell phones.
    10-08-10 10:16 AM
    Highly doubtful. There are navigation options for BB, just not free. If you really want nav on a phone, go with a nokia. Ovi maps is far better than google navigator. 1, you have way better voices that dont sound like Microsoft Sam and next you can download the maps to an sd card if you wanted.
    10-08-10 10:26 AM
    I use TelMap Navigator. Free.
    10-08-10 10:54 AM
    I use TelMap Navigator. Free.
    Ok, I just looked all over TelMap's website but I see no way to download this. In the FAQ it talks about subscriptions and them sending you an e-mail to download this. How did you get it? From what I'm seeing this is not free.
    10-08-10 12:06 PM
    Ok, I just looked all over TelMap's website but I see no way to download this. In the FAQ it talks about subscriptions and them sending you an e-mail to download this. How did you get it? From what I'm seeing this is not free.
    I got in on the beta program.
    10-08-10 01:06 PM
    There are free voice turn by turn gps apps. I use Waze and it actually works pretty good for that purpose.
    10-08-10 01:44 PM
    waze and lifeinpocket are both free and have turn by turn.

from my experience, both are pretty terrible, but from what I've heard it varies from area to area.

waze was telling me to turn off the highway multiple times and I would have turned straight into a lake or field. life in pocket worked alright for me I just hated the UI and preferred googlemaps without turn by turn.
    10-08-10 02:03 PM
    Only used waze a couple times, which seems pretty good so far. I have seen an instance where what should be a "bear right", the voice says "turn right". But if you look at the route on the screen it's correct.

Lifeinpocket I cannot for the life of me get the address recognition to work.. I've tried searching for several different addresses and it always fails to find them, makes no sense... That and it's not supported on the Torch anyhow now.
    10-08-10 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD