Google added voice search to their mobile app. You can read about it here at BGR:

Google Mobile app with voice search now available for BlackBerry : Boy Genius Report

and here:

Google Voice Search for the BlackBerry Storm | BlackBerry Cool

It looks like it may come in handy when your driving or cant really use two hands to type.
    03-26-09 08:41 AM
    Google Mobile | Google Mobile App for your BlackBerry phone

You can go there from your computer and type in your phone number to have it sent to you phone.
    03-26-09 08:49 AM
    Google Mobile | Google Mobile App for your BlackBerry phone

You can go there from your computer and type in your phone number to have it sent to you phone.
    Each time I have it sent to my phone it is the standard Google Search not the voice version what am i doing wrong?
    04-17-09 09:48 AM
    I've had the app w/voice for a while now. It's version 3.3.38. Is this any newer?
    04-17-09 09:51 AM
    According to the Help page for the Mobile App, Getting Started : Supported devices - Mobile Help it is still not built for the Storm.
    04-17-09 10:32 AM
    According to the Help page for the Mobile App, Getting Started : Supported devices - Mobile Help it is still not built for the Storm.
    All you have to do is download/use the opera mini browser. go to m.google.com and it will give you the download. Works great on my storm
    04-17-09 01:54 PM
    I've had the app w/voice for a while now. It's version 3.3.38. Is this any newer?
    No, this is the most recent version
    04-17-09 01:55 PM
    Is anyone using this on an 8830?

I keep getting error messages trying to use it

I get uncaught exception: Application GoogleSearch (161) is not responsding; process terminated

It happens at different times after permission requests (radio, socket request)
    and the number changes (I assume that has to do with the application running?
    04-17-09 02:08 PM
    Is anyone using this on an 8830?

I keep getting error messages trying to use it

I get uncaught exception: Application GoogleSearch (161) is not responsding; process terminated

It happens at different times after permission requests (radio, socket request)
    and the number changes (I assume that has to do with the application running?
    You are in the 9500/9530 forum
    04-17-09 03:17 PM
    You are in the 9500/9530 forum
    Good point.

I searched Google voice for a thread and didnt notice that.

I guess I will post it elsewhere.
    04-17-09 03:20 PM
    I got it finally seems to work OK
    04-17-09 03:48 PM
    All you have to do is download/use the opera mini browser. go to m.google.com and it will give you the download. Works great on my storm
    Thanks so much for that! I was trying to get it yesterday and was unbelievably frustrated that it didn't support the storm. It is now downloading easily with opera.

Edit: Keep getting an error "unable to record voice" irregardless of compatibility mode or not. Vlingo won't work with it either. Bummer.
    Last edited by mizjewels; 04-17-09 at 08:01 PM. Reason: info
    04-17-09 07:51 PM
    I just use Vlingo to do searches.
    04-18-09 03:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD