I updated to v4.0.2 and the new version does not work with the touch screen… Down graded back to v4.0.1 using this link

Google

Whats everyone else experiences?

Back in 4.0.1 I can't hide the keyboard, I may have caused more damage by down grading... Crap
    Last edited by TucsonChuck; 04-21-10 at 11:35 AM.
    04-21-10 11:27 AM
    Mine works just fine??? As far as your new issue check your compatibility setting by going to options>applications>google maps>then hit the menu button and either "enable or Disable" and see if that works. Just a guess? But it seems to be working fine on my 9550.
    04-21-10 12:08 PM
    i still hav the v4.0.1,,,, - -*
    04-21-10 12:18 PM
    Just upgraded to 4.0.2 this morning on my 9530 and everything appears to be working fine, touch screen is definitely working. I would check the compatability settings as the previous post stated.
    04-21-10 12:20 PM
    This has probably already been addressed somewhere, but is there any way to get the keyboard minimized? I want to use the entire screen not just half.

If there is not, can somebody post a link to googlemaps 3.02 or the most recent version with full screen capability??
    04-21-10 12:46 PM
    I upgraded to 4.0.2 on my 9550 and everything is working great
    04-21-10 12:57 PM
    Ok I un installed 4.01 and re installed 4.0.2 I can't get the keyboard to "hide" and the blue dot for your location. Missing the plus and minus signs for zooming in and out.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

04-21-10 01:50 PM
    Did you try disabling compatability mode? I just enabled compatability mode to confirm what you are having an issue with, but I can scroll using the touch screen but the +/- do not work. Disabling compatability mode works again. Quick question, when you install it, it asks that you allow and save the changes to the programs permissions, did you view and save those settings? Again, I am on a 9530 running Lyr's .607 hybrid, and version 4.0.2 is working. Good luck
    04-21-10 02:05 PM
    Did you try disabling compatability mode? I just enabled compatability mode to confirm what you are having an issue with, but I can scroll using the touch screen but the +/- do not work. Disabling compatability mode works again. Quick question, when you install it, it asks that you allow and save the changes to the programs permissions, did you view and save those settings? Again, I am on a 9530 running Lyr's .607 hybrid, and version 4.0.2 is working. Good luck
    When I disable compatibility I get the full screen, but the touch does not work. When I enable compatibility the touch screen works but the key board stays visible. I did save the setting when I installed the upgrade. So to cut to the point, I can use 4.0.2 but no longer can hide the key board, and lost the blue location button and the zoom in and out buttons too.

Thanks all,

04-21-10 02:16 PM
    When I disable compatibility I get the full screen, but the touch does not work. When I enable compatibility the touch screen works but the key board stays visible. I did save the setting when I installed the upgrade. So to cut to the point, I can use 4.0.2 but no longer can hide the key board, and lost the blue location button and the zoom in and out buttons too.

Thanks all,

Hey Bigdaddy, can you see the -/+ signs at all?

04-21-10 02:19 PM
    Not sure if this helps, but my permissions for Google Maps are all set as allow with the following exceptions, which are set to deny, not sure if this has anything to do with your issues - Input Simulation; Browser Filtering; Security Timer Reset and Display information when locked. I tried changing a couple of those to allow as well, but still have the blue location button and can still scroll. Only other thing I could suggest is a couple of reboots to see if that resolves the issue. Again good luck
    04-21-10 02:25 PM
    I updated and everything works PERFECT !
    04-21-10 02:25 PM
    Yes I can see the +/- signs, and can click them to zoom in and out
    04-21-10 02:26 PM
    Does it still have the memory leak?

EDIT: Nevermind. I tried it for myself. It still loses .1MB every time you open it and close it right away. Back to v3 I go...
    Last edited by doctorlove316; 04-21-10 at 03:15 PM.
    04-21-10 02:53 PM
    I loaded 4.0.2 on my Storm & it's all screwed up. It seems to think I have a non-touch screen device. Can't move the map or select menu items within the Help menu. No + or - icons. Compatibility is disabled. Should have stuck with .1 instead of upgrading.
    04-21-10 03:35 PM
    it works fine when installed correctly...

you need to have your browser set to BB identification and you need to go to Google Mobile
    04-21-10 03:43 PM

you need to have your browser set to BB identification and you need to go to Google Mobile
    Bingo. I forgot I had my browser set to Firefox in order to view a site. I didn't set it back to BlackBerry when I was done. Everything works as it should now. Thanks!
    04-21-10 04:06 PM

Thanks that did it!!!!
    04-21-10 04:30 PM
    For me, everything work well.
    04-22-10 06:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD