so i had to use my pearl and curve this weekend...and i loaded up the pearl and downloaded google maps to my surprise their was this screen saying i could do voice search

i tried it out and it rocks!!!

i never noticed the feature, but apparently it is available on all releases for the pearl platform, but only available on the curve on version 2.2.2 and i coudn't find any information on the bold.

i've been toying with on my curve all day and it hasn't done me wrong - unlike the telenav junk that at&t uses

has anyone gotten voice search running on the bold?
    03-16-09 02:28 PM
    No, but I can on application "AT&T Navigator"[/IMG]
    03-16-09 03:22 PM
    I don't see that option but I hope it comes this way.
    03-16-09 03:23 PM
    How do you enter your profile photo in the forum. As you can see in my reply, I tried, but based what I have seen on the proper way (using photobucket) I cannot do it--very upsetting. Thanks for any info.
    03-16-09 03:43 PM
    does the application "AT&T Navigator" cost money? I'm assuming it does....
    03-16-09 03:53 PM
    It is free for the first month then it is $10.00/Month. You are only charged if you used it during the month. But got to make sure you turn the application off before the new month starts and turn it on only when you need it. It operates just like a GPS unit(i.e.,Garmin). The reason I got it was an update on maps for my Garmin was $59.00. All updates on maps are free with Navigator. I only use it when I am travelling.

If you live near an AT&T store most of the employees have it activated on their BOLDS. You can then see all the features. If you go to: AT&T - Navigator features GPS, maps and driving directions to go on your computer or BOLD you can see a demo.(but it is not complete as going to a store to see the features).
    03-16-09 04:16 PM
    does the application "AT&T Navigator" cost money? I'm assuming it does....
    9.99 like the above stated. I've used it a couple times and it's right on with very good directions. The voice feature does not recognize business names very well for me but it does fine with street addresses. Very handy if you need turn by turn directions.
    03-16-09 04:27 PM
    [/IMG]Trying to put profile picture in a forum reply. This has to be simple but it has not been for me??
    03-16-09 06:11 PM
    gptoyz-how did you upload your cycle to show left of your Crackberry name?
    jiay1345-how did you upload your picture of the BOLD left of your Cberry name?

Any step by step available on Crackberry-Note I do not want to know how to enter an image in an answer.
    03-16-09 06:51 PM
    I think I figured how to get an image next to my ID name. I hope this works????
    03-16-09 07:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD