Hi crackberry friends,
    I was planning to buy a Verizon Pearl 8130 for my wife till our NE2 kicks in by the end of this year. As she want to use google maps ( especially latitude) on the pearl, Can anybody confirm that my location on google map works for Verizon Pearl 8130? I have searched in the forums and found conflicting comments and hence looking out for 1st hand comments.
    On a side note , As the spec says Pearl has only 64MB app memory, how much free space is available for 3rd party apps?
    06-09-10 10:43 AM
    I have a pearl 8130 w/Verizon. Google Maps does work, but it doesn't give your "exact" location. Verizon has the GPS locked down on the pearl, so it'll find the tower closest to your phones whereabouts. As for 3rd party apps, there's not a ton of room, but I am able to run about 5 or so fairly decently. It just depends on what pieces of the OS you install
    06-09-10 01:05 PM
    No, it doesn't work using the GPS. The GPS on the 8130 with Verizon is blocked, other then Blackberry Maps (free) and for the VZNav (pay) apps.

As the previous poster mentioned, without the GPS, you get a large area that it might think you are but it isn't using the GPS for that.
    06-09-10 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD