I'm running Google maps v4.0.2 on my BB Storm 9530 with the v5.0.0.419 OS. Ever since I updated Google Maps it has not been full screen and I am unable to select any options, from drop-down boxes, that are not at the top of the list. The touch screen doesn't let me select things either when using the app. Is anyone else having this problem? It really just seems like this version isn't Storm compatible, which is a shame because it is much faster than previous versions.
    05-22-10 11:04 PM
    I had all sorts of trouble with 4.02 at first. I knew it had to be my installation because a search showed that others had none of the problems I had. My 3rd installation attempt was successful, here's what I did:
    Uninstall old version, then battery pull. Make sure the BlackBerry browser identification is set to BlackBerry. Download again. Works perfect now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 11:46 PM
    This sounds like what happens when compatibility mode is selected for the app. I had a problem w/ 5.0.0.419 where most apps would default to that after installation.

To disable, go to "options->Applications" then select your app, hit the BB button and "Disable Compatibility Mode"
    05-23-10 09:17 AM
    I did end up getting it to work properly but it took three uninstalls then re-installs and battery pulls, but it does work now, thanks.
    05-24-10 09:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD