Hi guys,

Can't get the new gmaps to work. I'm running 4.6.0.247. Install bar gets stuck at 1/3rd of the way.

Are there any others experiencing the same problem?
    10-22-09 10:59 AM
    I got it installed yesterday no problem.
    Try deleting Google Maps from your applications list and re-downloading/installing.

From Options, go to Advanced Options --> Applications --> Scroll to Google Maps, hit your menu button and select Delete. Once it's deleted, choose to restart your device.
    10-22-09 11:14 AM
    Already tried that. I get this message that my data plan is not sufficient or something. But I don't think this is the problem. Previous maps v.3.0.2 worked fine.

Clueless.
    10-22-09 11:25 AM
    Data plan insufficient? Exactly how is it saying that as it has no idea how your account is provisioned. Are you in a 3G area or a EDGE area? It could be a bandwidth issue. Is that the actual error or are you just reading the typical bandwidth warning?
    10-23-09 08:02 AM
    I have had no problem with Google maps till this new version. Like JJ, I too get the message that data plan is needed. Rubbish! I've got an unlimited 3G data plan.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-23-09 10:14 AM
    I have an unlimited plan as well, really weird. I tried fidling with the permission settings under 'applications' -> 'GoogleMaps', but no luck there.

The error message I get is the following (translated from dutch): 'Network not available: For this device a data connection is nescecery. Some Blackberry's need reconfiguring. Visit wwwgooglecom/gmm on your computer for more information.
    10-23-09 12:17 PM
    I updated BB Desktop Manager 4.6 to BBDM 5.0 and deleted g-maps 3.2 through the desktop manager.

Then I tried installing google maps previous version (3.0.2).

Now I get the same error with this version as well. This is getting nasty!

Does anybody has some suggestions?

Your help is very much appreciated.
    10-23-09 01:36 PM
    I think its a problem at the Google end. Hopefully they'll take notice and sort it out soon.

10-23-09 06:55 PM
    Hi guys,

Can't get the new gmaps to work. I'm running 4.6.0.247. Install bar gets stuck at 1/3rd of the way.

Are there any others experiencing the same problem?
    I had the same problem on my 8900, and Google Mobile App stopped also stopped working after installing Google Maps 3.2.0.

Resending the service books solved all my problems and Google Maps 3.2.0 works just fine now.

10-24-09 03:09 PM
    Im also having issues I think it's google downloads and installs then I cant find it.
    10-24-09 03:14 PM
    Is the new version that much different from the old version?

10-24-09 04:09 PM
    Awesome milliways. Resending the service books fixes the problem. Thanks a lot!!!
    10-24-09 04:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD