How are you guys sharing location? I don't see it in the menu...

** Found it! In the search results. I was hoping it would be available for "My Location"...
    Last edited by don.new; 06-02-10 at 11:01 PM.
    06-02-10 10:53 PM
    How are you guys sharing location? I don't see it in the menu...

** Found it! In the search results. I was hoping it would be available for "My Location"...
    You can also just click on any location you have found on the map and the "share this place" menu will come up. You can also do the same for "My Location" as well.
    06-02-10 11:03 PM
    Has ANYONE been able to get a Tour to work with Google Maps and GPS??

My GPS works for every other app I've tried but Google Maps uses cell tower triangulation all the time, every time.

If I go into the permissions of the application GPS is not even listed.
    06-02-10 11:03 PM
    Try a battery-pull reset and: Options, Advanced Options, GPS, Menu, Refresh GPS.
    06-02-10 11:05 PM
    does newer version work without bis? thru wifi?
    06-02-10 11:37 PM
    I was just trying to send a location today and was kinda irritated that there was no way to do it really. It was a cool demo tho, as I tracked some little rural roads and even a dirt road as a guy was telling us about a good camping spot. Now I can send them the details. Thx for the heads up
    06-02-10 11:44 PM
    I don't see the option for biking directions. Does it depend on the country where you use the application?
    06-03-10 03:40 AM
    does newer version work without bis? thru wifi?
    I'm still wondering, well not really, why we need to waste valuable carrier data on these data intensive apps when free wifi blankets a good portion of downtown. None of google's apps on BB supports wifi. On other phones they do. I can imagine why RIM is reluctant to have their apps work on wifi but google?

Well any update is welcome but I only use it inside apps like poynt so new layers, buzz, latitude is frivolous IMO. If only it had turn by turn but that's exclusive to androids. I can also save data by using wifi to open google maps on the native browser if I just want to look at maps.
    06-03-10 05:51 AM
    To use Google aps through wifi use Aerize Wifix.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 06:30 AM
    I don't see the option for biking directions. Does it depend on the country where you use the application?

It says here that Biking Directions isn't available for BB
    06-03-10 08:57 AM
    It says here that Biking Directions isn't available for BB
    Wait... it does say its available... The only thing not available on the BB is navigation...
    06-03-10 10:17 AM
    Wait... it does say its available... The only thing not available on the BB is navigation...
    It has no tick next to BB for me when I view that page (maybe its not available here in the UK). When I view that page the only device with Biking directions is Droid.
    06-03-10 10:32 AM
    You have to hit the BB menu key while in a map, select "Layers", then click "More Layers" at the top of the list, and then you will see the different layers available. For me, it (Bicycling) is listed as the second choice below "My Maps". If you don't see it, it probably isn't available for you in Bulgaria.

Hope this helps.
    06-03-10 10:50 AM
    You are correct. It probably is not available outside of the US, if no one else from other countries can see it.
    06-03-10 10:52 AM
    I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me. When I travel south every thing on the map is reversed. Meaning it is showing streets that are suppose to be on the right on the left of the map and vise versa. Same with top and bottom. Now when I travel north, all is correct. This happens on my storm2 and my 8900. Any advice?
    06-06-10 06:27 PM
    Has ANYONE been able to get a Tour to work with Google Maps and GPS??

My GPS works for every other app I've tried but Google Maps uses cell tower triangulation all the time, every time.

If I go into the permissions of the application GPS is not even listed.
    I can't get gps to lock anymore?? It also shows businesses around me that are in Alaska???? I live in Florida Google Maps always used to work for me...I don't get it

Arlene
    Last edited by aming63; 06-14-10 at 04:04 AM.
    06-06-10 06:37 PM
    I was wondering if anyone else is having the same problem as me. When I travel south every thing on the map is reversed. Meaning it is showing streets that are suppose to be on the right on the left of the map and vise versa. Same with top and bottom. Now when I travel north, all is correct. This happens on my storm2 and my 8900. Any advice?
    I have only used it on my old 8700 and my 9000 but Google Maps does not rotate. North is always up. If you want to rotate the map you have to turn your phone. Not sure if it rotates on the Storm. On my wife's iPhone there is an option where you can have it rotate with you as you drive.

06-06-10 07:10 PM
    Just updated to googlemaps 4.2 on my storm2 9550 .607

Now it appears that googlemaps is set to be my default map. By that I mean if I go to my contacts and look up an address, the menu gives me a choice of getting directions or locating on a map using googlemaps.

But I want BB Maps to appear in my contact choices.

When going to options, advance, maps, it shows the BB maps is my default (and it doesn't even give me a choice of chosing googlemaps, which I don't want anyway.)

I've done a battery pull.

Any idea how to get BB Maps to show up as the default in my contact app?

TIA
    06-06-10 07:11 PM
    I'm just hoping that a turn by turn navigation comes out soon. I had the Droid and the google navigation was awesome. Google needs to come over and allow Blackberry to use it
    06-06-10 07:17 PM
    I have only used it on my old 8700 and my 9000 but Google Maps does not rotate. North is always up. If you want to rotate the map you have to turn your phone. Not sure if it rotates on the Storm. On my wife's iPhone there is an option where you can have it rotate with you as you drive.

I have tried that. Still shows everything reversed. Thanks
    06-06-10 07:18 PM
    I have tried that. Still shows everything reversed. Thanks
    You tried what? Rotating the phone? The maps is always up=north. If you are heading south look at your phone upside-down. It does not rotate with you like a true nav app.
    06-06-10 07:25 PM
    You tried what? Rotating the phone? The maps is always up=north. If you are heading south look at your phone upside-down. It does not rotate with you like a true nav app.
    I tried rotating phone. Does not work. Shows that I need to turn right when clearly I need to turn left and vise versa. I even put in an address just now and it told me to turn left when I needed to turn right. Showed the turns on the map view as opposites.

06-06-10 07:38 PM
    I tried rotating phone. Does not work. Shows that I need to turn right when clearly I need to turn left and vise versa. I even put in an address just now and it told me to turn left when I needed to turn right. Showed the turns on the map view as opposites.

Is this happening with just this new version or did it do this before? I am confused.
    06-06-10 07:47 PM
    Is this happening with just this new version or did it do this before? I am confused.
    I don't remember if it happened on the old version to be honest. I am deleting and reloading now to see if that fixes the problem.
    06-06-10 08:01 PM
    I don't remember if it happened on the old version to be honest. I am deleting and reloading now to see if that fixes the problem.
    Now that beats all. Deleted and reloaded seems to have fixed the problem so far. Thanks for your help.
    06-06-10 08:22 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD