For those who've used both, which is better and what's the difference?
    08-22-10 12:02 AM
    Google maps is free

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-22-10 12:16 AM
    Google maps is free

I thought at&t was free also unless you want voice turn by turn?
    08-22-10 12:25 AM
    No ATT is like $10/mo regardless of how you use it. That being said I love the turn by turn directions. I have both but if I had to choose I would keep ATT Navigator.

08-22-10 12:32 AM
    No ATT is like $10/mo regardless of how you use it. That being said I love the turn by turn directions. I have both but if I had to choose I would keep ATT Navigator.

From At&t's webpage:

AT&T Maps

"AT&T Maps is a free introductory location-based service which provides static, non-moving, non-voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions, with additional user features such as Local Search (limited) business listings and points of interest (POI) and address sharing with non-TeleNav subscribers�another AT&T exclusive feature."
    08-22-10 12:40 AM
    I've used both and google maps hands down... Its never failed on me

08-22-10 02:31 AM
    From At&t's webpage:

AT&T Maps

"AT&T Maps is a free introductory location-based service which provides static, non-moving, non-voice guided, turn-by-turn driving directions, with additional user features such as Local Search (limited) business listings and points of interest (POI) and address sharing with non-TeleNav subscribers�another AT&T exclusive feature."
    Free introductory being the key words, sure they will let you TRY it for free.
    08-22-10 07:24 AM
    that's what i like and use. if you're looking for free alternatives, mapquest has a free app supported by rim and available via blackberry app world.
    08-22-10 08:24 AM
    If you travel often, AT&T Navigator is the better choice by far, Google Maps doesn't compare. If you don't travel that often, stick with Google. But the saying "You get what you pay for" applies here, as it does in most instances...
    08-22-10 08:27 AM
    I would suggest trying the free 30-day trial of AT&T Navigator. Then you can cancel if you do not like it or do not think it is worth paying for.
    08-22-10 11:48 AM
    how do I get blackberry maps on my phone?
    08-22-10 11:52 AM
    Ok - was finally out and about with my new Torch and had downloaded the Google Maps App. Got lost - tried to look up directions. All I could get was a static map of the location I was trying to find. - when I finally got somewhere in the maps where I could hit the "get directions" it asked me my current location.

I thought the phone was supposed to know where I was already and in the past on my WinMobile phone I had even had something that tracked me and gave me directions without a fancy app.

So what on earth is going wrong here - a wrong set-up, the phone messing up (was doing all kinds of crazy things yesterday regarding my bluetooth headset as well), am I not understanding how it should operate???
    08-22-10 11:59 AM
    Google Maps does not use GPS in all instances. Mobile
    08-22-10 12:05 PM
    Ok - was finally out and about with my new Torch and had downloaded the Google Maps App. Got lost - tried to look up directions. All I could get was a static map of the location I was trying to find. - when I finally got somewhere in the maps where I could hit the "get directions" it asked me my current location.

I thought the phone was supposed to know where I was already and in the past on my WinMobile phone I had even had something that tracked me and gave me directions without a fancy app.

So what on earth is going wrong here - a wrong set-up, the phone messing up (was doing all kinds of crazy things yesterday regarding my bluetooth headset as well), am I not understanding how it should operate???
    Something sounds wrong. Mine will lock in to 3 meters under a minute. Try uninstalling and reinstalling google.com/gmm

Last edited by maxiang; 08-22-10 at 03:23 PM.
    08-22-10 03:09 PM
    how do I get blackberry maps on my phone?
    If you go to Options>Device>Application Management you will see that BlackBerry Maps is already installed on your device. Thing is, AT&T doesn't want you to have it, nor will they allow you to use it. They want you to use their Navigator. So you can use AT&T Navigator, Google Maps, Garmin, etc but not BlackBerry Maps.
    08-22-10 03:31 PM
    Waze is FREE voice turn by turn. And it is user driven.

Waze: Way to go
    08-22-10 03:43 PM
    If you go to Options>Device>Application Management you will see that BlackBerry Maps is already installed on your device. Thing is, AT&T doesn't want you to have it, nor will they allow you to use it. They want you to use their Navigator. So you can use AT&T Navigator, Google Maps, Garmin, etc but not BlackBerry Maps.
    Any way to get it too work? I have been on the garmin website to try and download the garmin software for blackberry, but I am having problems finding the page to download. When I get close I get a can't find the page you are looking for. Does anyone have the web address to download the garmin software for the torch or similar blackberry?
    08-22-10 08:32 PM
    I got att maps.... I don't want it.. How do I cancel it?

01-04-11 10:51 PM
    I got att maps.... I don't want it.. How do I cancel it?

ATT Maps and ATT Navigator are two different things. ATT Maps will give you directions, but no route correction or voice turn-by-turn directions. ATT Navigator is a more full-featured GPS app and is $10/month. To cancel it, just call customer service.

01-04-11 11:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD