What the dealio?? My GPS is enabled & the telenav app works fine. It says "your current location is temporarily unavailable. Anyone seeing this problem? I deleted & reinstalled, did a reset. Not sure what else to do!
    05-13-08 07:39 PM
    Yeah, My Location in Google Maps only works with cell tower triangulation on the 8330. Doesn't detect GPS. Hopefully Google will address it soon.
    05-13-08 09:46 PM
    Mine does not even work with that! No blue dot at all. Anyone else see this problem?
    05-13-08 11:42 PM
    On my Sprint Curve, GPS works with Sprint Navigation. GPS works with Blackberry Maps, but GPS does not work with Google Maps. Celltower position works with google maps my location, but no GPS. Sorry others are having this issue, but at least I am not alone. Google Maps v2.1.0 build #2115.
    05-14-08 03:35 PM
    my GPS works fine with Google maps but not the default maps program installed. i love google maps!!! it's made my life a whole lot easier. plus where i am the coveted berry 411 doesn't work so google maps is a whole other option. its super reliable! its also a mini yellow pages.
    05-14-08 03:40 PM
    Yeah, My Location in Google Maps only works with cell tower triangulation on the 8330. Doesn't detect GPS. Hopefully Google will address it soon.
    On my Sprint Curve, GPS works with Sprint Navigation. GPS works with Blackberry Maps, but GPS does not work with Google Maps. Celltower position works with google maps my location, but no GPS. Sorry others are having this issue, but at least I am not alone. Google Maps v2.1.0 build #2115.
    not true, Google Map work with your built in GPS.
    If you don't have Gps capable BB ( or for for some reason google Map can't locate your GPS, then it use the Cell Tower triangulation) to determine it general ( less accurate) location
    05-14-08 04:25 PM
    Doesn't work on Alltel either. I can get cell tower location but no actual location. The other GPS apps do work on Alltel.
    05-14-08 04:48 PM
    Google maps blows compared to Live Search.. with google maps you have to swap between turn by turn and map directions, on live search it shows the next turn overtop the map at the bottom, plus it's WAAAAAY more featureful..
    05-14-08 04:51 PM
    If you don't have Gps capable BB ( or for for some reason google Map can't locate your GPS, then it use the Cell Tower triangulation) to determine it general ( less accurate) location
    Google maps does NOT work with my Sprint Curve's GPS... on my Q9c it located my house, on my new Curve it gave me "my approximate location to within 1700 meters"
    05-14-08 11:28 PM
    I'm on AT&T and have used the "My Location" a lot--but today the "My Location" feature didn't work at all on my GPS-enabled Curve--as a matter of fact, the "My Location" feature is completely gone from the menu choices.

Did the GoogleMaps system get glitchy today? Or is a setting turned off on my phone by mistake somehow?
    05-14-08 11:51 PM
    Can't speak for ATT since I have Verizon but since Verizon locked the GPS, I'm using a Freedom 2000 (external GPS) with my Curve and BBMaps, GoogleMaps, and AmazeGPS are all working for me.
    05-15-08 01:36 AM
    It won't even work with cell tower triangulation. I have NO little blue dot at all. How do I get this?? Those of you who have it working with cell tower triangulation, are you on sprint with a Curve?
    Last edited by blackberryboy; 05-15-08 at 06:33 AM.
    05-15-08 05:24 AM
    I have the cell circle on my 8330 sprint. No gps it seems. Worjed fine on my 8830 sprint.
    Stinks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 03:52 PM
    Mine says that "my location" is is in Russia. Last time I checked I was n Missouri. None of the gps services I have on my curve r working properly.
    05-15-08 04:12 PM
    so you have the little blue dot with the wide circle around it? Or no dot at all?

I have the cell circle on my 8330 sprint. No gps it seems. Worjed fine on my 8830 sprint.
    Stinks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-15-08 05:04 PM
    Now there's a helpful response !!

Obviously you didn't take the time to read the several posts that said that gps was NOT working on the 8330 with gmaps. In fact I stated that gps was functional with sprint nav (telenav) and BBmaps on the same device, but not with gmaps. The sCurve clearly has internal gps, it is working with other apps, I use gps with gmaps & telenav on my 8800 and on my 8830 so I know the drill.

When someone (or several someone's in this case) describe an issue with detail, what good does it do to come back and tell me "not true ....." The point of these posts is that gps SHOULD work with gmaps but it isn't.

You've helped us all get closer to a solution.
    05-15-08 05:36 PM
    So is there no standalone GPS on the Sprint Curve like the 8830??? Maybe I should keep my 8830 after all since Google Maps is scary accurate on my phone.
    05-15-08 07:55 PM
    Both google and BB maps works fine for me.

I have found on occasion when I first open google maps, I'll get the "blue circle location is found within 1700 meters". I then go to the menu and select my location and the blue dot hits my house.
    05-15-08 09:07 PM
    Both google and BB maps works fine for me.

I have found on occasion when I first open google maps, I'll get the "blue circle location is found within 1700 meters". I then go to the menu and select my location and the blue dot hits my house.
    When the blue dot hits your house does it still say "within 1700 meters"??? I cannot get it to less than 1700 meters to save my live.
    05-15-08 10:35 PM
    Nope. Just gives the exact location.
    05-15-08 11:01 PM
    I don't get it. Today I got the 1700 meters thing working. But I was not at home. But on my Pearl it worked fine from home. What da dealio!
    05-16-08 04:57 AM
    I just got my curve...dont worry, I'm not an exact newbie, since I have been playing with my gfs 8830 for a few months off. Same problem...I get within 1700 meters and thats it. For me, not even sprint navigation could find my location.

Two things: either Gmaps is acting up and this is temporary or this is a bug in the curve itself for sprint. Did anybody talk to the Sprint tech support to find out what solution if any they forsee?

P.S. I do love the curve and the 6 mo wait was worth it.
    05-17-08 12:21 PM
    It turns out cell tower triangulation works but not in my apartment. Weird because it worked fine on the Pearl! Have not talked to tech support with SPrint.
    05-17-08 03:24 PM
    I just read that if you press the letter "o" on the keyboard while Google Maps is open, it will automatically pull up the blue dot with My Location. I tried it and it finally started showing my location again. (Have no idea why this disappeared in the past few days). Does this work for anyone else?
    05-18-08 02:57 PM
    Now there's a helpful response !!

Obviously you didn't take the time to read the several posts that said that gps was NOT working on the 8330 with gmaps. In fact I stated that gps was functional with sprint nav (telenav) and BBmaps on the same device, but not with gmaps. The sCurve clearly has internal gps, it is working with other apps, I use gps with gmaps & telenav on my 8800 and on my 8830 so I know the drill.

When someone (or several someone's in this case) describe an issue with detail, what good does it do to come back and tell me "not true ....." The point of these posts is that gps SHOULD work with gmaps but it isn't.

You've helped us all get closer to a solution.
    Thanks for your complements

I tried it on my friends 8330, It works on His Google Maps on Sprint to locate a KFC from his current location and get a driving direction. And since he is on BES, I can't " mess around" with it.
    So I don't know how should I help you more, What I know is it work on his so I just pointed it out to you.
    Last edited by Optimus_Prime; 05-18-08 at 04:34 PM.
    05-18-08 04:32 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD