I know thats a horrible description but i'm not exactly sure how else to describe it. Basically I was wondering if there was a way to have google maps utilize the GPS when the app is running in the background. So for example my friends on latitude would actually get my current location instead of the triangulated one.
    It appears that when I have the app in the background gmaps switches back to triangulation mode then once I bring the app back up it will utilize the gps and go to my location but that doesn't do my friends any good. I tried leaving gpsed running in the background in hopes that gmaps would utilize the constant gps connection but no go there either. Anyone got any tips on this or will this be something I'll have to post on googles forums in hope for a code fix. Thanks.
    11-25-09 09:27 PM
    That's the way latitude is designed. Automatically goes to tower triangulation to save battery when you're not moving or when it's running in the background.

i don't like it either and wish the user could decide but it's a google design issue.
    11-25-09 09:51 PM
    Thanks for the explanation on that and yes that would be nice if the user could decide on that. Guess it's off to go protest at Google. Thanks.
    11-25-09 10:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD