Ok, so I'm a new (n00b) BlackBerry user (8830) and I downloaded Google Maps from this location:

"google.com/gmm/bes"

I should have used "google.com/gmm" directly from my BB browser. Anyways, now I have 8 Google Maps icons on my device that will NOT go away. I have uninstalled/reinstalled/uninstalled... you get the point.

Does anyone have any idea how I can get rid of these icons permanently?! I have tried hiding them, but if I switch themes, they come right back again! This is quite annoying. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
    10-14-07 10:51 AM
    ^bump

no one?
    10-14-07 01:24 PM
    How did you uninstall them?..was it from the device or using the desktop manager..
    10-14-07 03:41 PM
    How did you uninstall them?..was it from the device or using the desktop manager..
    I've tried it both ways - it appears to go through the uninstall fine, and even reboots the phone. But when it's back on, the 8 icons are still there.
    10-14-07 03:47 PM
    I have 8700g -- you can try to go from your Home Screen, go to Options then click on Advanced Options, then highlight and click on Applications, look on that list and highlight the one that you need to delete then click and you should be able to delete it. I hope this help you.
    10-14-07 08:45 PM
    I have 8700g -- you can try to go from your Home Screen, go to Options then click on Advanced Options, then highlight and click on Applications, look on that list and highlight the one that you need to delete then click and you should be able to delete it. I hope this help you.
    Yeah, I've already tried that with no luck. Thanks anyway. I may just wipe it entirely and start over. Does anyone know the method to hard reset my BB 8830?
    10-14-07 11:05 PM
    i am a new bb user and have read good things about google maps. however i downloaded it, and now have an icon in my menu but when i go to open it, i get an error and cannot use it. it says "network failure"

any body know what to do!?

(i tried redownloading it, but i get the same error)
    10-18-07 05:03 PM
    ps. my bb maps doesn't work either?

i enter an address but nothing happens.
    10-18-07 05:05 PM
    go to options>advanced>service book
    12-13-07 01:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD